ZHA and xbee 3 pairing problems

I’m trying to pair a xbee 3 as a router with ZHA using a conbee 2 as the coordinator. However, the interview process starts and never finishes. I see the following logs during the process.

[0x0000:zdo] ZDO request ZDOCmd.Mgmt_Permit_Joining_req: [60, <Bool.false: 0>]
Device 0xad53 (00:13:a2:00:41:c8:0c:1e) joined the network
Device 00:13:a2:00:41:c8:0c:1e changed id (0xd3cf => 0xad53)
[0xad53:zdo] ZDO request ZDOCmd.Device_annce: [0xAD53, 00:13:a2:00:41:c8:0c:1e, 142]
[0xad53] Requesting 'Node Descriptor'
Tries remaining: 2
[0xad53] Node Descriptor: NodeDescriptor(byte1=1, byte2=64, mac_capability_flags=142, manufacturer_code=4126, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=255, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=255, descriptor_capability_field=0, *allocate_address=True, *complex_descriptor_available=False, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False, *is_valid=True, *logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, *user_descriptor_available=False)
[0xaaaf] Discovering endpoints
Tries remaining: 3
[0xaaaf:zdo] ZDO request ZDOCmd.IEEE_addr_req: [0x0000, 0, 0]
Tries remaining: 2
Tries remaining: 1
[0xaaaf] Failed to discover active endpoints

I can see that it’s trying but for some reason it’s failing. Any ideas?

I think I got it working. I used the following settings for the xbee 3.

ZA: 2

NJ: 5A

EE: 1

EO: 02

KY: 5A6967426565416C6C69616E63653039

NO: 3

BD: 57600 [6]

AP: Transparent Mode [0]

A0: 3

SP: 64

SN: AF0

The only major difference from all my other attempts was setting the AP parameter to “Transparent Mode [0]” where as the digi-key docs (Zigbee Home Automation | Digi International) that digi-key support sent me shows AP should be set to “API Mode Without Escapes [1]”.

With my current settings I was able to pair the xbee 3 with the conbee 2 and I have verified that devices are connecting to it and routing through it.

1 Like

Hello aldur80. Despite this thread is a litle bit old, I hope you can help me to solve a problem with XBee modules. I have a HA with Raspberry Pi 4 model B and Phoscon Raspbee II as ZHA coordinator. I would extend the network range, since some of the recently installed sensors (Aqara door sensor and Aqara movement sensor) are unresponsive. For this purpose, I want to use Xbee S2C modules (used previously in another project) acting as routers, but I wasn’t able to connect with the coordinator. Some of the parameters you listed in your post, doesn’t appear in my S2C modules. I suppose that these parameters appear only in the Xbee 3 family, and only this group of Zigbee modules are able to connect with ZHA system. The question is which model of Xbee 3 is suitable, or which one have you used in your system? (Zigbee, 802.15.4 or DigiMesh).
Thanks a lot and excuse the inconveniences