ZHA as a standalone Docker container

I‘ve a raspi with docker Containers for zwave2mqtt and deconz. Because my HA runs on a server in basement so there are no connections for zigbee are possible. Now i want to migrate to ZHA but I don‘t know if ZHA runs on a dedicated docker container. Is there a chance to get this working?

Not really. For now, ZHA is only available as part of HA core.

You can use an ethernet coordinator if you want. That would allow placing the coordinator away from the HA server.

Have you looked at zigbee2mqtt?

1 Like

I think he seems to know about it given the original post. For some reason people think ZHA is better because it’s built by the core HA team, but architecturally the zigbee2mqtt approach is so much better, and has generally better device support as well.

3 Likes

This will open the gates of hell, which one is better :slight_smile:

Jokes aside, ZHA is a must for core users compared to add-on/docker based Zigbee2mqtt. You are right about device support but there might be different aspects on which is better end.

Thanks. Didn’t know that ethernet coordinators are exist. Any brand/type recommend?

I know, i know :slight_smile: - It’s more a feeling than a knowledge that I will have a good connection to ZHA than Z2M or it will better support my devices. To give a small example: I´m using some Sonoff TH1 (temp/hum sensor). With Deconz this devices are working for some hours after a reboot of deconz and HA and then they disappear and doesn´t send any values. I don´t know if ZHA or Z2M will solve that problem but thats the point.