ZHA + Conbee 2 at Synology without docker. USB path?

Hi all,

I am trying to install ZHA at home assistant core (comunity package) on a synology ds216j. Note that these means that I don’t use docker (it is not supported by my NAS. I have plugged a conbee 2 usb which is correctly recongnized by the system.
Then I install the ZHA integration follwing the steps showed at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha/.
I am asked for the usb path: /dev/ttyACM0 << automatically detected
I am asked for the radio: deconz selected
Then I am asked for the serial path. At this point I am lost. By default it shows /dev/ttyACM0 which is correct but not accepted.
According to documentation it should be used a path similar to this one: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2128859-if00
The problem is that /dev/serial does no exist on my system. According to instructions a list of available device paths can be found in Supervisor > System > Host System > dot menu > Hardware, however as I running HA core (the only option available for my device) the tab supervisor does not exist!

This is an extract of log (using /dev/ttyACM0):

2021-04-16 15:20:16 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_znp.zigbee.application] Failed to probe ZNP radio with config {‘path’: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’, ‘flow_control’: None, ‘baudrate’: 115200}

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 322, in open

self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 167, in probe

await znp.connect()

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py”, line 199, in connect

self._uart = await uart.connect(self._config[conf.CONF_DEVICE], self)

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/uart.py”, line 153, in connect

transport, protocol = await serial_asyncio.create_serial_connection(

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial_asyncio/init.py”, line 445, in create_serial_connection

serial_instance = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/init.py”, line 90, in serial_for_url

instance.open()

File “/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 325, in open

raise SerialException(msg.errno, “could not open port {}: {}”.format(self._port, msg))

serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 13] could not open port /dev/ttyACM0: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’

How should I know which value use or how should I config ZHA?

Solved using

sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0

As this item is created at each reboot I had included the command on a script on the boot of the NAS (usign UI)

Hi
I have the same problem however sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0 did not help.

When I installed a separate container in docker deconz it works. The Conbee2 is visible. However, I cannot configure it on HA.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello Szakalito
As first sight it is not the same problem, as you use docker, and deconz, while I use a package without docker and ZHA. I am a newbie with home assitant and zigbee but I have googled a lot these weeks, and it seems quite probable that you have not redirected the conbee to the container of docker.
In any case, please, provide more details of the installation and exact error, and probably somebody with more experience and knowledges than me could help you (I doubt I can, but I will try).

Kind regards