ZHA coordinator wont start

Help!

When I restart my Home Assistant after the last update (core 5.4) my ZHA integration won’t start and/or the coordinator won’t start. I’m not sure what is happening, can somebody maybe explain?
Log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:205
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:18:31 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:19:19

• Couldn’t start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator (attempt 1 of 3)
  • Couldn’t start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator (attempt 2 of 3)
  • Couldn’t start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator (attempt 3 of 3)

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py”, line 673, in _skip_bootloader result = await responses.get() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/queues.py”, line 159, in get await getter asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 205, in async_initialize self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new( File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 219, in new await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 193, in startup await self.connect() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 107, in connect await znp.connect() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py”, line 715, in connect self.capabilities = (await self._skip_bootloader()).Capabilities File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py”, line 672, in _skip_bootloader async with async_timeout.timeout(CONNECT_PROBE_TIMEOUT): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 129, in aexit self._do_exit(exc_type) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 212, in _do_exit raise asyncio.TimeoutError asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I’m sorry if this is maybe not the right log. I know my way around a computer and hardware is my speciality. But when it comes to software, code and troubleshooting by logs, I’m still a newbee and trying to learn what I can.

The code in ZHA is listening to a serial device and doesn’t recognise what it is hearing.

The simplest fix might be as simple as unplug, and re-plug the Zigbee USB coordinator stick to force HASSOS to rediscover it, and create the device file which ZHA then connects to.

If that fails, the next step would be to go into ZHA and look for the Serial device path - effectively the serial port it is using.

Rule of thumb - if there are two similar entries, use the longer one (as less likely to change on a reboot), BUT other stuff like serial consoles, other USB devices, etc can also show up as serial devices.

I read on Github that more people have the issue since the last release. I’m trying to downgrade HASS to a version that worked for me. I’ve already downgraded to HASS 2023.5.2 instead of 5.4 but the OS remains on 10.2. How can I downgrade the OS to let’s say 10.0 or 10.1 since those versions worked for me?