Zha.core.channels.base, async_initialize: all attempts have failed

Did you follow a guide on how to switch?

Hmm not really. First I copied all my entity ids of my zigbee devices but the most are still in my head. :stuck_out_tongue: Then I disabled and deleted zha, restart ha, install z2m (there are many yt videos out there). Now I repaired my devices and named it like the old entity ids.

When I switched the dongle the devices were still available.

I did allmost the same. I installed z2m and at home I put a conbee II on a cable, I used raspbee II before.
At the summer cottage I also switched after verifying that it was stable, but there I still have the raspbee II. And it works like charm! I don’t want any problems now, as the zigbee network has grown, 50+ devices at each place!
The z2m also supports the Sunricher green devices, so I have neat wall switches everywhere :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . And I don’t need to change batteries :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I cannot say it followed on from an update (currently 2023.6.3) but a few hours ago, out of the blue, noticed all my automations not firing. Checked the logs and find:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.cluster_handlers
Source: components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py:506
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 00:19:57 (89 occurrences)
Last logged: 00:20:43

[0x8D2C:1:0x0300]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>')]
[0x8D2C:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>')]
[0x5D36:1:0x0008]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_NO_ROUTE: 205>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_NO_ROUTE: 205>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_NO_ROUTE: 205>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_NO_ROUTE: 205>')]
[0x8D2C:1:0x0008]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>')]
[0x1D02:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>')]

On checking the network see all zigbee devices offline, although integrations e.g. Overkiz work fine. Then noticed this error:
Your network is using the insecure Zigbee2MQTT network key!
which is odd because, although it’s installed, I have not yet had time to edumacate myself in the use of Z2M. Its not actually configured.

Multiple reboots later, thought I would try a restore to 2023.6.2. All devices still offline. Presume something up with that network key, which has poisoned the network and now must re-pair all devices.

Kind of blows a hole in my confidence in HA as a home automation solution for anyone without a fairly deep tech knowledge e.g. the boss who up to now was impressed with how stable and convenient it all is, what with over 55 devices now deployed. I don’t see that anyone has ever had a satisfactory explanation for it, so I thought I would post my experience here in case it helps anyone in the future.
kr
g

Some new people arrived in the block of flats I live in. Is it possible they have a zigbee network and somehow cross-contaminated mine, cf this post Secure your Zigbee network | Zigbee2MQTT
I don’t feel its the sort of thing I can approach new neighbours with. But I am now a couple hours in to resuscitating my network and I gotta say its not a good experience. Not got to the switch behind the pendant lamp yet, because I cannot get the candeo with its built-in dimmer zigbee until the morning
. Fingers crossed

to paraphrase Alan Sugar, this is an absolute bloody nightmare

I saw this happen today. It didn’t break the all zha lights, but anything that was used from an automation was broken for all usage. The only thing that changed today was an update to ZHA toolkit. A restart didn’t fix it, but an update to Adaptive Lighting + a full reboot of the HAOS server fixed it all.