šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea 5-button Remote Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

iā€™d have sworn up and down i was using the deconz one

i suppose thatā€™s what happens when you try this stuff before bed haha

for my own sanity, this:

regex_match("^{(("a":.*|"t":\d+.\d+)(,)?){2}}$"))

is the correct string, isnā€™t it?

Iā€™ve replaced the regex that appears on lines 439 and 440 of the blueprint, but itā€™s still not working for me - Iā€™ll be honest, I suck at regex, and Iā€™m not even sure where I should start to begin troubleshooting. If someone could point me in the correct direction, Iā€™d be eternally grateful.

i donā€™t suppose anyone has any ideas as to the above?
iā€™ve tried mucking round a bit over the last couple weeks, and i just canā€™t seem to get it working as it should with the double presses

the single press works fine, but no matter what i do, the double press just doesnā€™t seem to work

If you have solved the issue of the spaces correctly it will be something else.

near as i can tell itā€™s gotta be something else - the traces on the automation seem to be fine, the controller is firing 5002 and 4002 events on the right and left buttons, and the time looks to be correct as well - the automation just isnā€™t picking up the double presses, and iā€™m legitimately bamboozled as to why

i got it working!
the deconz regex above isnā€™t quite right, or at least it wasnā€™t for me. this is what got me up and running in the end:

regex_match("^\{((\"a\":.*|\"t\":\d+\.\d+)(,)?){2}\}$"))

the regex for deconz above in the thread wasnā€™t parsing the quotes around the ā€œaā€ properly, and needed to be escaped for a literal match, as with the ā€œtā€

I learnt quite a bit about regex tonight! thanks for the help @Nick4
it was absolutely something else, and iā€™m glad i wasnā€™t going nuts

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed this and added the latest regex modā€¦ but I canā€™t seem to get the up, left, right, or down buttons to work. Only the center button (but both for click and double click.)

Trace shows:

Triggered by the event 'zha_event' at September 21, 2023 at 9:29:36 PM
Test Test if 2 conditions matches
Delay for 50 milliseconds
Define variables trigger_action, trigger_delta, and last_controller_event
Call a service 'Input text: Set' on
(input_text.julieremotelastcontrolledevent) turned {"a":"step_with_on_off_StepMode.Up_43_5","t":1695346176.657274}
Choose: No action taken
Finished at September 21, 2023 at 9:29:36 PM (runtime: 0.06 seconds)

Any suggestions?

I am having some trouble with the automation and light groups.
Whenever I turn my light group on/off using this automation, things work as expected.

However, if I turn the light group on directly, using HAā€™s native light card, one of my lights are always at lowest brightness, every time. I didnt have this issue when I used other blueprints for the 5-button remote.
Any idea how I could solve this?

Hi are you just toggling the light?
If so, you could specify the brightness when turning on.

Hi - Love this blueprint. Iā€™m using ZHA and my up/down E1810 buttons werenā€™t working. I noticed the ZHA event string didnā€™t match the blueprint. I updated it to the following and itā€™s working now:

button_up_short:
      - step_with_on_off_StepMode.Up_43_5
      button_up_long:
      - move_with_on_off_MoveMode.Up_84
      button_up_release:
      - stop_with_on_off
      button_down_short:
      - step_StepMode.Down_43_5_0_0
      button_down_long:
      - move_MoveMode.Down_84_0_0

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but sharing in case it helps anyone.

3 Likes

I got my IKEA E1810 with a Tradfri RGB-light setup in my HA. Everything is working great. However, when I change the color (for example, warm white to RGB) I cannot get the warm white back. Only the RGB colors such as blue, red, green, yellow, orange etc.

Now, Iā€™ve tried setting up a ā€˜Center button long pressā€™ in order to restore the color temperature to 370 mireds. But this is not working. Am I doing something wrong? Z2M integration.

Call Service (Light Toggle, Color Temp 370 Mireds)

I will make a pull request with these changes to GitHub - lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints: A curated collection of automation blueprints for Home Assistant. as soon as I can

Try light.turn_on instead just for sanity check?

Hi @viezevis @mjmcg @djgizmo et al,

Iā€™ve just made a branch on the fork, hereā€™s your new blueprint.
raw.githubusercontent.com/lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints/5button-updateactions/blueprints/controllers/ikea_e1524_e1810/ikea_e1524_e1810.yaml

Please can you test by importing the above blueprint and switching your automations?

If the fix is confirmed I will create a pull request and merge.

@LewisSpring I overrided the current blueprint with yours. For the Center button long press iā€™ve set Color Temperature to 370 Mireds (as mentioned). However, when I press the center button the light immediately turns off.

Long press center button does not change the light color with the call service light.toggle on 370 Mireds color temperature.

Do you have a hook running for the remote? Maybe it is clashing?

Also try not using Toggle, as that may be the issue?

Hi everyone, when I use this (very awesome!) Blueprint, the z2m log throws three entries on a single click (doesnā€™t matter which button). It looks like this:

MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Remote Family Room Lights', payload '{"action":"toggle","battery":90,"linkquality":102,"update":{"installed_version":604241925,"latest_version":604241925,"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'

MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Remote Family Room Lights', payload '{"action":"","battery":90,"linkquality":102,"update":{"installed_version":604241925,"latest_version":604241925,"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'

MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Remote Family Room Lights/action', payload 'toggle'

Is this the expected behavior? As far as I can tell, the automation does what itā€™s supposed to, but I am confused by this. Timestamps are identical to the second.

Hiya

I believe this is normal as the payload/action is changing. The action/state will change momentarily in Z2M and go back to being blank afterwards. This is why a Input Helper is needed in Home Assistant to keep track of the last action, I believe.

Hope that helps

1 Like

This is actually really helpful, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I have spun the support for the Redux blueprint into this thread:
:repeat: ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea 5-button Remote Universal blueprint (Redux) - Blueprints Exchange - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I recommend that new and existing users move to the Redux version of the blueprint.
For future support on the Redux version of this blueprint and instructions on how to download it, please post there.