šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea E1744 SYMFONISK rotary remote Universal blueprint - all actions - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

I had some luck updating my zha configuration variables as above. They are now:

zha:
      rotate_left:
      - move_MoveMode.Down_195_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      rotate_stop:
      - stop_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      rotate_right:
      - move_MoveMode.Up_195_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      click_short:
      - toggle
      click_double:
      - step_StepMode.Up_1_0_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      click_triple:
      - step_StepMode.Down_1_0_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0

These are now too long for the last command input text helper by default (default length is 100) so I had to recreate that in configuration.yml with a max of 255.

2 Likes

So this worked?
Strange that it didnā€™t fit with 100 characters since the string is less than 100 characters.

Works for me ty

2 Likes

Just want to confirm that these changes got everything working again for me. I was working off the suggestions on github and can confirm that the 255 max character value on the helper is necessary; without it, the automation doesnā€™t seem to register stops, so it either goes full max or full min. Once i kept reading the thread and changed the value, everything functioned 100% again. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

The last command input text helper has a whole bunch of stuff serialised as JSON in it. Together with the longer strings for the actual commands, it goes over 100 chars.

Has anyone fixed the sensitivity when turning volume down/up?
You turn it slightly one directly and it jumps like mad turning it all the down or up (depending which way you turn it). I have a Hook Media setup and itā€™s still crazy and totally unusable.

I have read all of this thread and followed people debounce delay setups, I just canā€™t it to smoothly control the volume. Itā€™s either 0 or 100% and then endless repeating.

EDIT: Got it paired on Z2MQTT btw. Not using ZHA or Node Red

I donā€™t use this or any other blueprint, I use Node red to handle the remote and it works fine.

For anyone just getting here because they updated Home Assistant from some thing prior to 2022.4 and their Symfonisk remote stopped working, hereā€™s a simplified version of how to fix it. (Hoping to save you the time I spent learning this from the various sources needed).

Go into your code editor of choice and pull up /config/blueprints/automation/EPMatt/ikea_e1744.yaml

Find this around line 166:

zha:
      rotate_left:
      - move_1_195
      rotate_stop: [stop]
      rotate_right:
      - move_0_195
      click_short:
      - toggle
      click_double:
      -step_0_1_0
      click_triple:
      -step_1_1_0

And replace it with this:

zha:
      rotate_left:
      - move_MoveMode.Down_195_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      rotate_stop:
      - stop_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      rotate_right:
      - move_MoveMode.Up_195_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      click_short:
      - toggle
      click_double:
      - step_StepMode.Up_1_0_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0
      click_triple:
      - step_StepMode.Down_1_0_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0

Next, in the Home Assistant UI, find the Helpers (Settings > Devices & Services > Helpers tab)
Clink on the helper(s) you defined for this blueprint (mine is called helper_last_controller_event
Under Settings tab, change Maximum Length from 100 to 255 and click Update.

Navigate to Developer Tools > Yaml > and reload your Input Texts and also Automations for good measure.

That should do it. It worked perfectly for me.

4 Likes

Applied the event fixes when I first installed the device, but as someone else mentioned in another thread, an error still gets logged for this Blueprint:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:651
Integration: Automation ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/automation), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+automation%22))
First occurred: 10:56:06 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:56:06 AM

Blueprint Controller - IKEA E1744 SYMFONISK Rotary Remote generated invalid automation with inputs OrderedDict([('integration', 'ZHA'), ('controller_device', 'd40b7a19923e2a045c7069ce3b55baa7'), ('helper_last_controller_event', 'input_text.ikea_rotary_helper'), ('action_rotate_left', [OrderedDict([('event', 'IkeaRotary'), ('event_data', 'Left')])]), ('rotate_left_loop', True), ('rotate_right_loop', True)]): expected dict for dictionary value @ data['action'][3]['choose'][0]['sequence'][1]['choose'][0]['sequence'][0]['repeat']['sequence'][0]['event_data']. Got None expected dict for dictionary value @ data['action'][3]['choose'][0]['sequence'][1]['default'][0]['event_data']. Got None

worked for me, thank you for summarizing!

Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll give it a shot.

Something i noticed when changing the code is a bunch of syntax errors:
(had to use screen capture to display the errors rather than copy/pasteā€¦sorry)

Having the exact same problem, also zigbee2mqtt. It was fine a few HA updates back, have not found a solution yet.

Seen this?

I recently installed zigbee2mqtt and use a sonoff ZBDongle-P. Successfully paired the ikea remote, updated the OTA, and I see it in Home Assistant. However, there are only 4 entities shown (Battery, Update Available, Update State, and Linkquality). There is no action entity in home assistant, but I see it in the Zigbee2Mqtt frontend (and I can see it update with actions I perform on the remote). Iā€™ve tried un-pairing and re-pairing and same issue. Any ideas?

You need to listen for events, or use device in automations.

wow never knew that was a thing, figured it out and its working now. Thanks

Has anyone an idea to activate another scene or script outside of the instance ?

Would like to have the rotary handling the lights in the room but have the click options to do other functions ā€˜outsideā€™ of the room (instance)ā€¦

Not sure what you are actually asking.
But you can bind the button and spin to whatever you want.

I would like to control several things from one rotary buttonā€¦

A simple example:

Rotary = dim light
Single click = toggle fan

You can just open the device and create automations from the automations field:

1 Like