šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea E1744 SYMFONISK rotary remote Universal blueprint - all actions - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Hi,

i am using this blueprint for a while to control a light and its working perfect. Now i am trying to control a Sonos one but it does not work and i have no idea why.

Here is my config

alias: "BĆ¼ro: Sonos SYMFONISK Remote"
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: EPMatt/ikea_e1744.yaml
  input:
    integration: Zigbee2MQTT
    controller_entity: sensor.ikea_symfonisk_sonos_buero_action
    action_rotate_left:
      - service: media_player.volume_down
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.sonos_buro_one
    action_rotate_left_stop: []
    action_click_short:
      - service: media_player.media_play_pause
        target:
    helper_last_controller_event: input_text.symfonisk_sonos_buero
    action_rotate_right:
      - service: media_player.volume_up
        target:

Here are MQTT Logs

Zigbee2MQTT:info  2022-11-06 13:40:30: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/IKEA SYMFONISK Sonos Buero', payload '{"action":"play_pause","battery":60,"brightness":134,"linkquality":255,"rate":195,"update":{"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2022-11-06 13:40:30: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/IKEA SYMFONISK Sonos Buero', payload '{"action":"","battery":60,"brightness":134,"linkquality":255,"rate":195,"update":{"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2022-11-06 13:40:30: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/IKEA SYMFONISK Sonos Buero/action', payload 'play_pause'

Any idea what causes the issue?

Solved: After set legacy mode to false its working

Hi.
Trying out this Blueprint today, but having some problems.Rotating the button to increase/decrease the sound/light creates an endless loop that turn the volume/lights to max/min.
Deconz_event shows 2001-2003 and 3001-3003 when rotating knob, but ahb_controller_event only shows rotate_right and rotate_left. No rotate_stop.
Any tips?

Hi I am trying to use this blueprint to create my automation but only the single press action works. The double or triple press, or the long presses and the rotations do not work.
If I create separate automations for each action they all work and the remote is useable to control media. When using the blueprint they just donā€™t workā€¦ nothing happens when double press or rotate, etc. Am I doing something wrong? I am using the ZHA integration. I created a helper as instructed.
I only edited the rotate left and single press for this instance but I did tried all actions repeatedly and only the single press works.
When I look in the automations screen - when rotating the remote the automation is triggered, but there is no effect on the media player.
Hereā€™s the Yaml maybe you notice something wrong there?

alias: Controller - IKEA E1744 SYMFONISK Rotary Remote
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: EPMatt/ikea_e1744.yaml
  input:
    integration: ZHA
    controller_device: deeef6d93dad4f5de95b4b2ddea273a8
    helper_last_controller_event: input_text.helper_symfonisk_black
    action_rotate_left:
      - service: media_player.volume_down
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.kitchen
    action_click_short:
      - service: media_player.media_play_pause
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.kitchen

Thank you

1 Like

Anyone with zigbee2mqtt knows what to do here? Iā€™ve paired the controller in zigbee2mqtt with legacy set to false on the device. Iā€™m able to see messages from the controller, but I I have no action entity in home assistant to select as Controller Entity in blueprint. Thereā€™s no entity called
sensor.ikea_symfonisk_controller_1_action. The only entities I get for this device is battery and update.

There is not supposed to be any entities like that.
Use the events as your trigger

You saved my day today :smiley: this literally solved a issue i had been trying to resolve for like 2hours

I have the exact same issue. Some assistance would be great!

I have the same issue, about two weeks ago my IKEA SYMFONISK E1744 stopped working. Iā€™m using Home Assistant, Zigbee2MQT, Mosquitto broker and the Blueprint called ā€˜Controller - IKEA E1744 SYMFONISK Rotary Remoteā€™.

Everything is up-tote, to be specific Ikea firmware ā€˜2.3.080ā€™, and the blueprint is version ā€˜2022.08.08ā€™.

A couple of months ago I installed and configured the Ikea rotary switch without any struggle. Now, somehow the Symfonisk e1744 action sensor is disappeared, with the result that my automation (with the ā€¦ SYMFONISK ā€¦ blueprint) stopped working. I tried many things to figure out what happed and tried to fix the issue but without success. I reinstalled the Zigbee device, removed the MQTT device with all his entities in HA, and fully reinstalled the Mosquitto broker, but no luck so far.
Two insights I would like to share, perhaps someone could use it.

1. With MQTT explorer (great software by the way) everything seems to work as expected. All the device automations, green marked in the image and described in the documentation on https:/ /zigbee2mqtt. io/devices/E1744.html, are there. (1) brightness_move_up, (2) brightness_move_down, brightness_stop, (3) toggle, (4) brightness_step_up, (5) brightness_step_down. But there is no such thing as a Symfonisk e1744 action sensor? And Iā€™m convinced that there was one two weeks ago. However, it is unclear to me who created it in the past and later deleted it.

1. Based on the FULL HA back up from 5 January
    2023 I know for sure that there was an action sensor in the past.

Question ā€¦

Does anyone know how to restore the ikea symfonisk e1744 action sensor?

For anyone looking for the zigbee2mqtt counterpart

FROM

zigbee2mqtt:
      rotate_left:
      - brightness_move_down
      rotate_stop:
      - brightness_stop
      rotate_right:
      - brightness_move_up
      click_short:
      - toggle
      click_double:
      - brightness_step_up
      click_triple:
      - brightness_step_down

TO

zigbee2mqtt:
      rotate_left:
      - rotate_left
      rotate_stop:
      - rotate_stop
      rotate_right:
      - rotate_right
      click_short:
      - play_pause
      click_double:
      - skip_forward
      click_triple:
      - skip_backward

Got it working for me again! Not share why the zigbee2mqtt or remote suddenly started to change payloads but anyways it works!

Just set this up via Z2M and whilst it works, I find it quite slow to respond and find myself having to spin the dial for about 10 seconds to get my connected hue light from 0-100% and the same to get it from 100-0%. I have the rotate dial options set to call the light.turn_on service and increase or decrease the brightness in 10% increments. I also have the loop until stop options enabled.
Is there anyway I can make it respond quicker so I donā€™t have to turn the dial for so long to get it to change value?

Hi guys,
im new to the whole HA stuff, and i LOVE it! When i came across this Symfonisk remote, i was like BINGO, this is what i need. I was planning to use it for controlling the volume of my M5 Audiocast device. Zigbee2MQTT set up, device added, 2 blueprints installed and set up:
-Controller - IKEA E1744 SYMFONISK Rotary Remote
-Hook - Media Player
The thing is, that the automation executes the volume up and down commands only ONCE. So one step up, and then no more increasingā€¦then you can do a step down, and thats it. Stuck between 2 positions. FYI i have tested these blueprints with my TV, or receiver, and in both cases it works as intended. Just an idea, but maybe the M5 doesnt reports back its actual volume level? Or? Ive tried to create manually an automation, like:
Trigger: ā€œbrightness_move_upā€ action
Action: Media player: Turn up volume M5
But i had the same results.
HA is up to date btw.

I fixed the issue by creating my own MQTT sensor.
Although I still donā€™t understand why and which software component removed the action sensor, I solved it by creating my own action sensor.

Therefore I added the following code to the HA ā€˜configuration.yamlā€™ file.

mqtt:
  sensor:
    - name: "event action - switch rotary - Ikea Symfonisk E1744"
      icon: mdi:gesture-double-tap
      state_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/switch rotary - Ikea Symfonisk E1744 - woonkamer"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.action }}"
      unique_id: sensor.event_action_switch_rotary_ikea_symfonisk_E1744

The ā€˜state_topicā€™ value is depending on Zigbee2MQTT device name, in my case ā€˜switch rotary - Ikea Symfonisk E1744 ā€“ woonkamerā€™. After that I reconfigured the ā€˜(Zigbee2MQTT) Controller Entityā€™ in the blueprint and restarted HA. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

The reason that the sensor disappeared is probably related to a (software) adjustment in Zigbee2MQTT or the ā€˜herdsman deviceā€™ library, I donā€™t see any other cause.

But anyway, the ikea rotary switch now works great again.

Hi,

Anyone with an idea how can I use this button to control volume of my Sonos, I have an Smartthings hub to connect my zigbee devices to Home Assistant?

Thank you for this. The blueprint github still has the wrong inputs but updating locally fixed this for me.

I did have to restart my Automations in the YAML section of Developer Tools for things to start working again. A restart of HA should take care of all resets.

Iā€™m super new to HA and, having a Symfonisk rotary encoder at home, I installed this blueprint.

Had the same problem as you had, tried the same workaround and it did solve the issue.

Strange situation though.

TBH, it doesnā€™t really help to understand HAā€™s object structure (devices/entities/events/services etcā€¦).

I saw @Hellis81 suggested to ā€œlisten for eventsā€ but Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t really understand how this applies in the present situation. I would really like to figure this out though, even to strengthen my global understanding of HA.

You listen for events in developer tools ā†’ events.
Then depending on what integration you are using, listen for events on this integration

JeromeT
JƩrƓme Tuncer

1m

Thank you.
That is simple but precious information to me.
Iā€™ll try and figure how how to filter incoming events to monitor only the ones I need in a particular situation.

You need to use the event trigger.
Automation Trigger - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Keep in mind that when you donā€™t give enough information then we canā€™t give enough information back to you.
We can only give hints when all we get is general questions, if you are more specific then it becomes much easier for us to help with more precise answers

For those having issues with Ikea E1744 + ZHA, Iā€™ve just fixed the blueprint. Here is the pull request, I hope it will be approved and merged soon. If you are impatient, you can immediately download my fixed blueprint from here.

6 Likes

Thanks for your fixes, going to test.

Not going to happen any time soon. This is the problem with relying on a single source for Blueprints like a repo. When the original author stops updating, itā€™s basically dead - this has been in a dire state for over a year.