šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Iā€™ve no experience with Zigbee2MQTT, I canā€™t speak for the configuration of that side.
Your helper looks fine though.

Iā€™ve used both the Hook and the Controller automations together. I just added a small delay before the action in the Controller automation so that itā€™s an override. Iā€™m aware itā€™s not the cleanest of solutions, Iā€™m happy to be told thereā€™s a better way! It does work though.

thanks, can you please elaborate on how to combine hook and controller?

Thanks for this great blueprint!

Is there a way to shorten the long press hold time, i.e. the amount of time you need to long press the buttons before they trigger the action? Right now the hold time seems to be about 4 seconds, which seems kind of long.

Actually, playing around with the blueprint a bit more, it shows some very strange behaviours with long presses. When I long press the left button, it triggers properly, but takes about 4 seconds. But when I long press the right button, it takes only about 2-3 seconds, but triggers both the intended target device, as well as another device with a similar name (intended target is ā€œbasement stairs lightsā€, but it also affects ā€œbasement lightsā€). When I long press the down button, nothing happens.

Hi, I think the suggestions and fixes that I made were not yet merged. I have the controller blueprint working as expected after I made several corrections. Just download the file from here ikea_e2001_e2002.zip, unzip it and put it on the config folder under the path blueprints/automation/EPMatt, you better save the existing file before. Regards, Luis Sismeiro

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m replying to myself because I just verified the current blueprint available and there was a change regarding the helper size optimization. I made the necessary changes and there is now a new file for download with my same fixes that are in the previously file. Here is the link to download ikea_e2001_e2002-v02.zip, same instructions apply. Regards, Luis Sismeiro

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I have two of these buttons which I have been using the controller automation (and hook) with. Both behave strangely, but not in the same way.

Button 1 controls a single IKEA White light lightbulb. Firstly, Whenever I come home and want to turn it on, I seem to have to ā€œwake it upā€ before it turns on, like I have to press up once or twice, or even long press it, to turn it on. Itā€™s also very sluggish when changing the white light tone using the right and left buttons, but.I can live with that. The main problem is dimming. Whenever I long press up it dims to 100%, and long press down to 100%, no matter when I release the button. Iā€™ve tried different settings in the controller automation for looping but I canā€™t get it to function properly.

Button 2 controls a chandelier with 6 Livarno Home RGB lightbulbs. And its just whacky. Sometimes (especially if I make somewhat quick button presses) the lightbulbs seem to loose sync with each other. Dimming a little results in four out of six lights dimming, leaving two shining brightly, or reverse, dimming down to 5% turns three lightbulbs off. I can usually still use double click to call a scene where all 6 lights shine bright white, but the odd desync often still remains when I do something further.

I guess Im asking for any help or ideas for any of these issues.

Do you experience issues with other Zigbee devices? It could be your coordinator. Check battery levels and signal strength (RSSI) on the Controllerā€™s device in HASS.

Try using the following blueprint: it contains fixes for hold presses made by @Isismeiro. When you try the revised blueprint, make sure you disable your old Controller Hook Automation to avoid conflicts. (This also means youā€™ll use the default parameters, which is reccomended)
ikea_e2001_e2002_luis.yaml (github.com)

Try using a group if possible. If the lightbulbs recieve the commands at different times, they will become desynced.

This might be due to the ā€œSmooth Power Offā€ setting in your Hook automation.

Hope this helps!

The problem is unfortunately not fixed for me for the E2002 version. The release number is random every time, e.g my left release was just 2336, and my right release waas 7264. If I do it again these numbers completely change, sometimes they are negative

Can we somehow modify the blueprint to only look for the ā€œreleaseā€ word and ignore if it has something after it? The values are different on every single release

Your reply is in relation for an older version of improvements - try the latest iteration by @lsismeiro ikea_e2001_e2002_luis.yaml Ā· GitHub

Dear @LewisSpring first of all thanks for great blueprint.

however I have questions. I use long press button to increase/decrease light intensity, but the speed is too fast. how it can be slow down?
maybe it is worth considering adding the next parameter, which will allow us to specify the delay in repetitions of the long press loop.

greetings
Wojtek Z.

You might be able to add delays after the brightness changes, but you would be better off using the Hook for light entities

Itā€™ll be a lot more responsive. It will take away your up and down single press actions though.

You can disable the left and right actions inside the hook automation to free up those buttons.

Thank you for your detailed write up. I have the exact same issue and either you have instructed me to do it correctly, or we are both missing something fundamental :slight_smile:

did you ever progress in any other testing to get this built into 1 automation or is that we turn them off/in/bighter/dimmer with 1 automation, and change the color with the other?

Hey @drpau :slight_smile:

Sorry, itā€™s been soooo long since I made the post, I donā€™t even recall making it! :sweat_smile:

In any event (probably while facing this issue) I had switched over to ControllerX to make use of basically all my IKEA buttons.

Basically, Iā€™ve been using it (again, probably since I made this post) and itā€™s been working flawlessly.

I can switch the light on/off, dim/brighten and colour cycle with no problem. So perhaps if youā€™re okay to install ControllerX, then I would highly recommend it. :slight_smile:

FYI, hereā€™s an example of what my YAML looks like for this controller:

dining_room_lamp_button:
  module: controllerx
  class: W2049LightController
  controller: sensor.dining_room_lamp_button_action
  integration: z2m
  light: light.dining_room_lamp

Location (if using VSCode):

root dir (config) > appdaemon > apps > apps.yaml

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

got troubles to use this blueprint. When I configure it, nothing happens when I push a button. But in the Trace Timeline I get an error I donā€™t know how to fix it:

Any hints?

Best Regards,
Evilfraggle

Check your remote device is correct. (image
)

Also check the services in your actions. Make sure theyā€™re using the correct entity_ids.

Both are correct. I choosed them from the dropdown menu.
If I do a single automation without the blueprint it works.

Have you set up the Helper? (image
)

Yes

Iā€™m not sure then Iā€™m afraid! Sorry!
I use ZHA, not DeCONZ, so I wonder if thereā€™s an oddity specifically for that.