🎮 ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Thank you for your detailed write up. I have the exact same issue and either you have instructed me to do it correctly, or we are both missing something fundamental :slight_smile:

did you ever progress in any other testing to get this built into 1 automation or is that we turn them off/in/bighter/dimmer with 1 automation, and change the color with the other?

Hey @drpau :slight_smile:

Sorry, it’s been soooo long since I made the post, I don’t even recall making it! :sweat_smile:

In any event (probably while facing this issue) I had switched over to ControllerX to make use of basically all my IKEA buttons.

Basically, I’ve been using it (again, probably since I made this post) and it’s been working flawlessly.

I can switch the light on/off, dim/brighten and colour cycle with no problem. So perhaps if you’re okay to install ControllerX, then I would highly recommend it. :slight_smile:

FYI, here’s an example of what my YAML looks like for this controller:

dining_room_lamp_button:
  module: controllerx
  class: W2049LightController
  controller: sensor.dining_room_lamp_button_action
  integration: z2m
  light: light.dining_room_lamp

Location (if using VSCode):

root dir (config) > appdaemon > apps > apps.yaml

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

got troubles to use this blueprint. When I configure it, nothing happens when I push a button. But in the Trace Timeline I get an error I don’t know how to fix it:

Any hints?

Best Regards,
Evilfraggle

Check your remote device is correct. (image
)

Also check the services in your actions. Make sure they’re using the correct entity_ids.

Both are correct. I choosed them from the dropdown menu.
If I do a single automation without the blueprint it works.

Have you set up the Helper? (image
)

Yes

I’m not sure then I’m afraid! Sorry!
I use ZHA, not DeCONZ, so I wonder if there’s an oddity specifically for that.

Hello everyone,

I’m experimenting a bit with this blueprint.
However, I have a question: Is it possible that the lamp also dims and becomes brighter when a button is pressed for a long time;
I’ve tried everything, but it won’t work!!
If yes, how do I do this?

Thanks for every response

Hi, maybe the problem is the original blueprint that has some bugs. Check this post 🎮 ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - #35 by lsismeiro or this post 🎮 ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - #40 by LewisSpring

Hello everyone,

Works beautifully, Thank you very much for this blueprint!! :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :+1: :+1:

However, I have a question, could the double click of the up and down button not work? Or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks for every comment!!

Sorry,
But I don’t see any groups that I can select, only separate lamps!!

What am I doing wrong or am I completely wrong?

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

There are a couple of different ways of setting up groups - Zigbee groups, which you create through your ZHA, Zigbee2MQTT or deCONZ interface, or Home Assistant groups which you set up in the Helpers panel.

I would recommend Zigbee groups, as they are more responsive. Zigbee groups made up of lights will show up as a separate light entity, which you can control from this blueprint.

Thanks for your response, but never sees the group in the list!!

I see only a few lamps but no groups!!!

If you are using ZigBee groups they show up as light.group-name.

Don’t search for the term group unless you are using HA groups or included the word “group” in the name.

Thank you very much for your response. I’m fairly new here and experimenting with HA a lot. How do I create a zigbee group? And what is the difference between the groups behind the “groups” folder, the groups you can create yourself in HA and zigbee groups? Sorry but I can’t follow anymore!! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Thank you for your response;

Setting up ZigBee groups is done through ZHA, Zigbee2MQTT or deconz - you didn’t say which you use. For ZHA you go to Settings > Devices & Services, then locate the ZHA integration, click on Configure menu, and select Groups tab where you can then create new groups.

The main difference between the two, I think, is that ZigBee devices know they belong to a ZigBee Group, and will respond to any messages sent to that group, whereas with Home Assistant Groups separate messages are sent to each device in the group. This can lead to lights coming on at slightly different times - something I’ve heard as the popcorn effect.

I’m not sure if there are any downsides to ZigBee groups. Probably a bit harder to troubleshoot. In general I use ZigBee groups when I can.

Checking in here, and also can’t get double click for up/down working.The rest of the buttons work perfectly!

From what I see, the up/down button triggers don’t get repeated in ZHA, unlike the left/right buttons.

Hi there, please see these posts.

Thanks for the tips - I am indeed using the latest blueprint but just can’t double press to trigger on the Top and Bottom buttons. In the logbook they just register as only one press. The left and right double presses work perfectly.