šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Iā€™ve only tested it briefly but it seems to be working quite well so far.
A lot more reliable than previously.

1 Like

I still have the same problems with this latest version as the old one.
The longpresses doesnt work. If I hit the repeat longpress until released its just stuck in a loop that does nothing until the max loop iterations are hit.

Anyone else facing this problem as well? The long press event for left and right button works great, but the release doesnā€™t seem to be recognized. Working with Z2M and before my vacation it worked fine. Now not anymore.

My helper content is this: {"a":"arrow_right_release","t":1684267057.099719} which seems good, right?

Hi Lewis, how is it working for you with our changes of the blueprint version and the latest 2023.5.x HA version? Thank you.

Hi Luis, Seems fine to me!

1 Like

Same issue for ZHA, even after the OTA update to 2.4.5. This issue totally breaks the hold functionality of the remoteā€¦

A fix has been made for Z2M but no news for ZHA: IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR remote controller - incorrect long arrows press recognition Ā· Issue #13335 Ā· Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt Ā· GitHub

1 Like

I think one of my remotes has been caught out by this, hold actions via the Hook automations have stopped working.
What Version does your remote report in ZHA? Mine is 0x00010024

@lsismeiro Have you been affected by this or are you still stable?

I have literally changed nothing!

I stopped making updates of my HAOS and Iā€™m stuck with version 2023.4.6 so I donā€™t know. Also my remote is using firmware 0x00010024, I think it never was updated although I tried to do it following some instructions for HA but without success it seems.

I check the events and the hold is still happening after some the usual events when I hold the button:

event_type: zha_event
data:
  device_ieee: 2c:11:65:ff:fe:27:8a:5c
  unique_id: 2c:11:65:ff:fe:27:8a:5c:1:0x0005
  device_id: cb5c88f4c4531c2164eff721669346f3
  endpoint_id: 1
  cluster_id: 5
  command: hold
  args:
  params:
    param1: 3328
    param2: 0
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2023-06-27T22:04:01.060524+00:00"
context:
  id: 01H3ZE5454962AH418SX3VW44Q
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null
1 Like

Thanks. We have implemented the Regex fixes previously, so itā€™s not that causing the issue like some recent issues state.

Jumping Ship

Iā€™m starting to look for a different blueprint or system (while keeping ZHA - Iā€™m not against running another Docker container, just having to re-pair and reintegrate all of my devices)

Iā€™ve seen Switch Control, but it seems quite complicated and doesnā€™t seem to work with the one example I found posted for the E2001/E2002.
Node-RED is also an option I will be looking at, but Iā€™m not very skilled at it.

Both of these options have something to do with X and Y valuesā€¦ Iā€™ve not seen them before.

Update for followers of the forum thread, The pull request with fixes for this blueprint has fixed the issue reported with the down hold action here: šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - #109 by Egglestron

Fix long press up/down for ikea_e2001_e2002.yaml by LewisSpring Ā· Pull Request #411 Ā· EPMatt/awesome-ha-blueprints (github.com)

2 Likes

Please note if you are going to grab the file to fix your blueprint, that for those using ZHA, there is an additional change thats not in that PR which is needed:

Line 324 is incorrect.
This:
button_down_long: [move_MoveMode.Down_83_bitmap8.0_bitmap8.0]

Should be changed to this:
button_down_long: [move_MoveMode.Down_83_0_0]

Some change in ZHA was made in a recent HA update that also broke another Ikea switch (The two button dimmer)

Hope that helps those using ZHA!

Iā€™ve already replied to this on PR#411 but for the benefit of any readers on this thread, this change is already implemented in the latest revision of that pull request after changes in 2023.6.0.

All-Most of the changes made in that pull request are aimed at ZHA.

Is it me? I tried using the lights hook and long presses for dimming keeps dimming the light after letting go of the button. Even if it was only held for 1-2 sec.
How can I stop this and how can I change dimming speed?

Light groups donā€™t show up in Devicesā€¦

This is an known issue. Are you using the latest PR#411 version of the blueprint?

@LewisSpring Iā€™m having the same issue but Iā€™m using Z2M. Will the PR#411 also fix the issue if youā€™re using Z2M or only if youā€™re using ZHA?

Hi @TimoVerbrugghe , Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately it will not, the only changes the keys for ZHA.
You might have some luck with šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - #109 by Egglestron

If this does help, I might be able to merge these changes into PR#411.

If you need anything, please donā€™t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

I had the same issue with PR#411, where dim-down was not ā€˜letting goā€™. I fixed it by changing line 326 from:
button_down_release: [stop_0_0]
to
button_down_release: [stop_with_on_off]

To anyone looking for a blueprint for the IKEA Styrbar switch, I want to share my experience.

I had no luck getting the original blueprint by Epmatt to work properly and a quick glance at github revealed that it is not maintained anymore. Specifically I had issues with the ā€˜virtual double pressā€™ not working at all and ā€˜long pressā€™ not releasing.

I found that the fork by @LewisSpring found here is still maintained and works flawlessly, so big shout-out to you LewisSpring.

LewisSpringā€™s fork also works with the original hook by Epmatt, just be aware that double presses have to be configured through the controller automation and not the hook. At least that was I could get it to work.

2 Likes

Also, for anyone looking for a blueprint for the newā€™ish IKEA Rodret (E2201) switch, I found that @LewisSpringā€™s fork of this blueprint (linked right above) also work for the Rodret. The original hook by Epmatt works as well, just specify the remote to be a Styrbar E2001/E2002.

2 Likes