šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Does anyone have problem with the double Up/Down press not working?

The left/right virtual double press is working as expected. As I am not at all an expert in blueprint, any idea how to solve this issue. I am using zigbee2mqtt and home assistant 2023.8.0

@LewisSpring if you have any tip to get it work, it will be much appreciated

@chris-1243 Which version of the blueprint are you using?

I had issues with the original blueprint from Epmatt which does not seem to be maintained anymore. But LewisSpring have forked the repo and have a working version of the blueprint which I linked to 4 posts above.

I use it and double-press up and down are working.

Yes, I have problem with virtual double press too. It just works the same as a single click even though I enabled the virtual event and set up a very long delay (2000 ms, just to be sure).

Interesting thing is that this worked for me before, with this exact version (https://github.com/EPMatt/awesome-ha-blueprints/blob/9ee5920a3633c87bd8ee8713b83bbbf4705cc31d/blueprints/controllers/ikea_e2001_e2002/ikea_e2001_e2002.yaml). It was perfect, I was able to use long press and double clicks. Now only the long press work. And I donā€™t know what might have changed.

The automation text helper looks OK to me (it contains {"a":"on","t":1692790362.108888}) and itā€™s updated with every click. The automation trace show that it work OK up to this point. Here it skips the condition and falls back to the ā€œdefaultā€ branch:

choose:
  - conditions: >-
      {{ trigger_action | string in states(helper_last_controller_event) and
      trigger_delta | int <= helper_double_press_delay | int }}

My configuration: HA 2023.8.3, z2m 1.32.2.

Update to my previous comment: blueprint from @LewisSpring works including the virtual double click. Thanks a lot!

@nutshell0115 I just made some tries on the blueprint and checked the version I was using.
I tried several blueprints from LewisSpring, Isismeiro (both are working) and Epmatt (definitely down). The problem was the human interface. I was doing a too fast double click and the command was not sent correctly and interpreted as a single click.

The blueprint from LewisSpring is a great job and I do recommend to follow your link for those interested.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Helle there,

I have one question about binding vs blueprints.

I understand that blueprints are useful to use devices via the home assistant controller. I have understood that via zha you can also bind the remote to other devices in order to control them even without home assistant server being available.

What happens when your remote is both bind to bulbs (for instance) and has also blueprints configured? Which will prevail ?

I like the idea of binding in case my home assistant server is down and I would still be able to swith my lights on.

Many thanks for guidance.

I am currently trying to use the blueprint with the hook - light to work together.

Hi @jiggs
I will update the Pull Request to include this fix, cheers

1 Like

Please find the latest version of this blueprint here: awesome-ha-blueprints/blueprints/controllers/ikea_e2001_e2002/ikea_e2001_e2002.yaml at 1a9a9eb1ae14de0e6a1dce7cd88182b5ff076058 Ā· EPMatt/awesome-ha-blueprints (github.com)

In the future, I intend to start creating pull requests to @lsismeiro 's repository*, so all of the modifications have a clear location.

*Luisā€™ repository does not yet have the latest changes

1 Like

Hi, I Just update the blueprint but still iā€™ve some truble.
When I push the button The automatico recognize the ā€œpressionā€ bug it do not apply the service.
Here some screenhot.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi @Maderik72
Please check your Call Service code, try creating it in the Developer Tools then copying it into the automation.

I have a problem with this blueprint and the new Rodret remote by IKEA (which I like a lot btw). I use @LewisSpring blueprint for styrbar 2001/2002 (selected v1 in the blueprint), and a light hook from the same repository.
Whenever I want to dim (increase or decrease brightness), the light doesnā€™t stop increasing or decreasing brightness until it has reached full brightness or no brightness at all.
(I had the same effect with the old Tradfri On/Off switch, btw.)
I have checked everything, however canā€™t find my problem. Anyone an idea?
Thanks alot for your help!

Hi all,
The latest version of the blueprint can be found here: [awesome-ha-blueprints/blueprints/controllers/ikea_e2001_e2002/ikea_e2001_e2002.yaml at main Ā· lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints awesome-ha-blueprints/blueprints/controllers/ikea_e2001_e2002/ikea_e2001_e2002.yaml at main Ā· lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints (github.com)

In the future, any changes I make to PR#411 will also be made to @lsismeiro 's repository (linked above).

1 Like

Hi Connor, welcome to the community.
Can you check you are using the latest version as linked above?

1 Like

Hello Lewis,

Apologies for my late reply! And thanks for the welcome.

Iā€™ve removed all old versions and started with the linked blueprint above. Now itā€™s working perfectly!

Thanks alot!

Regards,

Chris

hello everyone.

I was trying to integrate this blueprint and didnā€™t understand why it wasnā€™t working.
Skimming a little, I found the blueprints of @LewisSpring and @Isismeiro (I see that the user does not recognize me, maybe they have unsubscribed?)

By using one of these ā€œcustomsā€ I have been able to control an LED strip without problems.

But I didnā€™t understand so many versions, so many different repositories,ā€¦ until I read that the original (the one from @epmatt ) no longer supported.

So, since the EPMatt blueprint is not supported, and lsismeiro
It does not appear as active, I understand that the supported project is that of @LewisSpring

is this correct?
And of all the versions, am I only left with the main one?

Thanks for your work

EPMattā€™s version is now broken, yes

You are best to delete all of your blueprints and add the blueprint from this post

I have just checked that it works and I can access it.

Hope this helps

1 Like

thanks a lot
The truth is that it was a bit confusing to decide which repository to follow, among all the variants I have found.
Do I add 8eea618 specifically, or the main? (they seem to be the same)

And I just thought that the one in your repository was better, given that you are here and Isismeiro is not.

Thanks

Hi,
Main and 8eea618 are the same. My link should have been pointing to main, apologies. Will update that.

@lsismeiro is here. Not sure why you are having trouble seeing his profile.
It is a collaborative effort between me and Luis to update the blueprint and put it somewhere central. - All of the latest versions will be put in Luisā€™ repository.
It was beginning to get confusing in my repository as I was using it to update PR#411 only, whereas Luisā€™ is a truer fork of EPMattā€™s project.

1 Like

Well, many thanks to @lsismeiro and you.

Now I want to make a small modification to the hook.
If I get it, Iā€™ll publish it in the repository to see what you think.

No problem, feel free to make a pull request :slight_smile:

1 Like