🎮 ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Osram SMART+ Switch Mini Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

This user has been inactive for some time, the blueprint below is still available, but please be advised it may no longer work.

Original Post

This blueprint is part of the Awesome HA Blueprints project.
Read more about it on the related Community Forum topic. :rocket:

Updates will be published on the project’s GitHub repository.

:arrow_down: Get Started

Option 1: My Home Assistant

Click the badge to import this Blueprint (needs Home Assistant Core 2021.3 or higher)

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Option 2: Direct Link

Copy this link if you want to import the blueprint in your installation.

:link: Blueprint URL

:page_facing_up: Description

This blueprint provides universal support for running any custom action when a button is pressed on the provided OSRAM AC025XX00NJ SMART+ Switch Mini. Supports controllers integrated with deCONZ, ZHA, Zigbee2MQTT. Just specify the integration used to connect the remote to Home Assistant when setting up the automation, and the blueprint will take care of all the rest.

In addition of being able to provide custom actions for every kind of button press supported by the remote, the blueprint allows to loop the long press actions while the corresponding button is being held. Once released, the loop stops. This is useful when holding down a button should result in a continuous action (such as lowering the volume of a media player, or controlling a light brightness).

The blueprint also adds support for virtual double button press events, which are not exposed by the controller itself.

Automations created with this blueprint can be connected with one or more Hooks supported by this controller.
Hooks allow to easily create controller-based automations for interacting with media players, lights, covers and more. See the list of Hooks available for this controller for additional details.

:closed_book: Full Documentation

Full documentation regarding requirements, inputs and more is available here.

Docs provide all the information you need to properly configure this blueprint on your instance.

:electric_plug: Available Hooks

:bulb: Light

This Hook blueprint allows to build a controller-based automation to control a light. Supports brightness and color control both for white temperature and rgb lights.

Light Hook docs

:loud_sound: Media Player

This Hook blueprint allows to build a controller-based automation to control a media player. Supports volume setting, play/pause and track selection.

Media Player Hook docs

:information_source: Changelog

Updated list of changes and improvements is available here.

Happy automating to everyone! :fire:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this blueprint.

I want to use it. But when I want to use it, my entire automation crashes. I can’t understand why. I use HA version:

Version core-2021.5.5
Installationstyp Home Assistant OS
Entwicklung false
Supervisor true
Docker true
Virtuelle Umgebung false
Python-Version 3.8.9
Betriebssystemfamilie Linux
Betriebssystem-Version 5.10.37
CPU-Architektur x86_64

I wanted to use it to control a roller shutter that is controlled with a Tuya switch. I would want to take the Osram switch with me on the terrace. So that if I forget to stop the automation in the evening, I can still stop or open the shutters. I know there are other ways to solve this, but that is the way my dear wife understands.

Hope you understand me :wink:
Best wishes
Martin

Hi @madrlp, thank you for reporting here.

I’m sorry to hear that this blueprint is causing issues with your entire automation system. Could you please provide the YAML configuration for this Controller blueprint?

Moreover, do you notice any entries in the Home Assistant Logs related to this blueprint?

Thank you!

Hi @epmatt , thank you so much for creating this and i think the blueprint archive you are working on is a really great idea! While I just made it as a total noob to get a few lightify products to simply turn off and on based on a very simple automation, I imported your blueprint above and also the hook to it. I cannot get it do run yet, but am looking into a lot of tutorials and how tos on how to work with YAML here.
I am lacking the basic understanding on how to connect the blueprint and the hook, any resource you could point me to for the basics? Thanks a lot and keep up the great work, thank you! Jens

1 Like

Hi @jensenf,

thank you for reporting here and for your feedback. :slight_smile:

I’d highly reccomend you to read the Controllers-Hooks Ecosystem general documentation on the Awesome HA Blueprints documentation website.

The article explains in detail how the full ecosystem works and provides YAML examples for common use-cases. It also describes different configurations which can be achieved by combining controllers and hooks in different ways.

Just for being clear, I’d like to note that “connecting a blueprint with a hook” is not a generic Home Assistant concept: you can think about it as an abstraction layer which Controllers and Hooks blueprints take advantage of to implement the desired functionality, in a modular and flexible way.
In fact, Hooks and Controllers are no more than common blueprints, but with “superpowers” built-in. :slight_smile:

More generally, the Awesome Ha Blueprints docs website includes all the info to correctly setup your automations. Every blueprint is listed and documented in a separate page. You’ll find that, if not for advanced use-cases, you can pretty much avoid using YAML to setup your automations - just import the desired blueprint and configure automations from the Home Assistant UI.

If you still have any doubts or need additional guidance on how to set up your blueprints, you can reach out to me here. I’m always happy to help as I can. :smiley:

Happy automating!

1 Like

Thank you, for your answer.

The entire automation was stopped and could not be started again after I had created an automation with your blueprint.

I had to edit the automation.yaml and remove the part of the blueprint and then restart HA. Then the automations worked again.I couldn’t read anything from the log files.

I deleted your blueprint because it didn’t work for me.

I’ll try again later tonight and I’ll share more information if I can.

Best wishes
Martin

I got it to work mate, thanks a lot!!!
Works really super cool, especially with the color change option!

For anybody else that is having issues:
Create an automation by using the controller blueprint and test 2 actions, e.g. light.turn_on and light.turn_off to see if the general connection works. If yes, go ahead, if no, check the deConz integration again and if all devices have been properly found in Phoscon.

Then leave every parameter blank in the automation regarding the button assignment and save.
Go for blueprints again and create another automation based on the controller hook blueprint.
Use the correct settings for your device and save.
Also make sure to create the helper input text file!
Have both activated for a single device in automation.

Tadaaa! Awesome @epmatt !! Really cool stuff! Thanks a lot again!!!
Best regards,
Jens

1 Like

Hi @madrlp,

thank you for your feedback.
I’m sorry for what you’re experiencing with this blueprint. If you’ll have a chance to import the blueprint again on your system and somehow obtain the Home Assistant logs while the automation is enabled, we’ll take a look at this issue. Moreover, the YAML configuration for the automation that is provoking the halt might be useful in this case.

If you have any issues or doubts on how to setup this blueprint I’ll be glad to help. :slight_smile:

Hi @jensenf,

thank you so much for your nice feedback! I’m really happy to hear that this blueprint is useful for you. :wink:

Go for blueprints again and create another automation based on the controller blueprint.

Just a little note here: I guess in this sentence you’re referring to “the Light Hook blueprint”, not the controller one (you’ll need a Controller Automation + Light Hook automation to implement the functionality you described).

Happy automating! :rocket:

Thank you @epmatt ! Yes of course, you are right. I have it corrected above. Thanks again, works quite well!

1 Like

Just want to say thank you for the awesome blueprint! Helps me out greatly in moving from Domoticz to HomeAssistant!

Can you add the Option for the non Mini version?
This one:

Great Work!

Great blueprint! Can you write a small guide on how to do color cycling automations?