šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Philips 324131092621 Hue dimmer switch Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Me again,

So Iā€™ve now got this working with the Light Hook as well and can control lights with dimming etc and it works great.

What Iā€™m also trying to achieve is using the same dimmer switch when holding the on button for it to turn on a lamp, when I do this though it also detects the on press and runs the hook for the lights to they both turn on.
Is there anyway I can achieve what Iā€™m after?

Thanks all.

THANKS!!! That did it.

Hello,

I am trying to use this blueprint with my V1 Hue dimmer but can get the brightness up/ down to work can someone give me a pointer on what I am missing?

Hook YAML:

alias: SLEEPING Remote (Hook)
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: EPMatt/light.yaml
  input:
    controller_device: ad9f92d389ab9e6c87ca7b6b0782c6aa
    controller_entity: sensor.sleeping_remote_battery
    controller_model: Philips 324131092621 Hue Dimmer switch
    light: light.sleeping
    on_brightness: 255
    force_brightness: true

Controller YAML

alias: SLEEPING Remote (Controller)
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: EPMatt/philips_324131092621.yaml
  input:
    integration: ZHA
    controller_device: ad9f92d389ab9e6c87ca7b6b0782c6aa
    helper_last_controller_event: input_text.sleeping_light_remote_last_event
    action_button_on_short: []
    action_button_off_short: []
    action_button_off_long: []

My understanding is that IF I leave the actions empty it uses the defaults as expland in the docs?

thx, that worked also for me. Would be nice if the blueprint on github getā€™s updates.

@Photelegy Please compare

I interpret the ā€œCAUTION boxā€ as advice to create a helper for each device, even if you make use of the same blueprint. Just to avoid running into inconsistencies when two person push a button on different dimmers almost the same time.

Hello!
Thank you for this very nice blueprint. Just one thing isnā€™t working for me: Double Pressing a button does not work for me. Nothing happens, no matter the settings for it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Have you enabled this?

(I had the same issue :slight_smile: ). This made the double on press work for me, but unfortunately it stopped the single press on from working. Maybe both can work for you?

Hi Matteo, thank you for your Awesome Blueprints. I am using one with an IKEA Styrbar, using both the hook and some custom actions for double presses.
I also implemented an automation for a Philips Hue Dimmer (I have both the older RWL021 and the newer RWL022 models, and tried both). I found that the double press actions do not work for these controllers. After some tinkering, I found out that these controllers natively support multiple presses, and send specific commands for double, triple, quadruple and quintuple presses, so the double presses are not caught by your automation. Is there any chance to incorporate the multiple press commands into the controller blueprints? That would be awesome. I found this blueprint: GitHub - Jessendelft/Hue-Dimmer-Switch-V3: Home Assistant Blueprint for the Hue Dimmer Switch. , which assigns specific actions to multiple presses up to triple. It was easily edited to include quadruple and quintuple, the command names are obvious.

Thank you, but no, itā€™s not working either way unfortunately.

I looked a bit into the commands that the controlller sends, and besides the double clicks I mentioned in my previous post, there is a problem with this blueprint and long presses too. When you do a short press, it sends a ā€˜short_releasedā€™ and a ā€˜short_pressedā€™ command (in that order!). When you do a long press, it first sends a ā€˜short_pressedā€™, then a series of ā€˜long_pressedā€™ (about 1 per second) , and finally a ā€˜long_releasedā€™. So if you want to use both long and short presses of the same button, and the long press is not just a repeat of the short press action, the event you should listen too for the short press action, is the short release.

So, in short, this blueprint collection is very nice for the IKEA buttons, but to work for the Philips dimmers it needs some adaptation.

Hello everybody,

so i got this BP working with the following setup:

LP- On Button - Light 1 on
LP- Off Button - Light 1 off

SP- On Button - Light 2 on
SP- Off Button - Light 2 off

When i press the on button long Light 1 and 2 are on.

Is there a solution to exclusively turn on/off the lights like mentioned in my setup?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

thanks for your code. Appreciate it. Its working so far :+1:

How could I integrate also color change of the lamp (white tones) ?

This blueprint stopped working for me last night. Possibly after a HACS update of something (maybe the zha toolkit?) I can see the remote is still firing events. Any suggestions on how I should debug? Iā€™m still on 2023.1.6 since 2023.2.x has screwed up ZHA Sonoff integration and I havenā€™t been brave enough to try 2023.3.1 yet

So I think I did what youā€™re describe, moving the short press action over to release, but Iā€™m still not able to trigger thing with short press when I have double press turned on. Any other hints you can give as to how you fixed this? Thanks!

For those using Z2M, I found that by changing the ā€œSettings (specific)ā€ ā†’ legacy = true, the controller works.

2 Likes

thank you for the blueprint. Is there any fix for the double press issue?

for my part is not working. really weird because I can see the integration in the device. The commands are ok in the log of z2mqtt and even the scripts is with the same commands. Any idea?Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 13.22.54

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 13.00.42
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 13.00.40

Yeah Iā€™m having issues with double press recently. Is there an issue log for this?

1 Like

I love this blueprint.
Actually, one thing is missing for me.
It would be great to have a time or sun based condition in there.
For example, in my bath, when I press ā€œonā€ I would like to have the light at 100% when the sun is up, but only 20% when the sun is down.
In the room of my childs, the light should be at 100% between 7 am and 7 pm, and 20% between 7 pm and 7 am.
I would have one automation for each time slot.
Do you think it would be possible to add this?