ZHA Devices Greyed out when bootable SSD USB device is connected (RPi4)

Weird issue I’m having. I’m using a Sonoff Zigbee USB 3.0 dongle with ZHA. I just moved my RPi4 Hassio installation to an SSD. To do this I created a new Hassio install on the SSD and then restored from a backup. It boots from the SSD and I can control all of my devices with the exception of anything connected via ZHA, they’re all greyed out/disconnected.

If I disconnect the SSD and boot off of the SD card, all of my devices are connected and I can control them. In “Hardware” under the system tab I can see my USB Sonoff dongle as
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITead_Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_SerialNumber-if00-port0
Checking my .storage/core-config_entries file I see the same path. If I try different USB ports the path listed in “Hardware” doesn’t change (although I thought it would).

I’ve tried a few different combinations
SSD in USB 3.0 and Sonoff in 2.0
SSD and Dongle in 3.0
SSD in 2.0 and Dongle in 3.0

Doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts?

Use an USB extension cord to move the USB Zigbee dongle away from the USB3 ports of the RPI4. See Zigbee2MQTT doc on this known issue. Also valid for ZHA.

Yes, didn’t mention, the dongle is on a 6ft extension, doesn’t make a difference.

Okay, seems like deleting the integration, adding and then repairing fixed it. Not sure exactly why I needed to do that.

And as soon as I restart HA or reboot the Pi I get all greyed out devices again…the repairing only works until the next restart.

So, greyed out means unavailable. There must be something in HA‘s logs with regard to this.

Same here, I did not yet reconfigure ZHA as I assume it won‘t last when reading you issue… did you finally fix it, @colin1234 ?