ZHA Failed to Set Up

Hello I am Struggling to Get ZHA working, It was working and then I tried to get Zigbee2MQTT but couldnt get it working so I went back but ever since then I can not getting ZHA working again.

Logger: zigpy.application
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py:73
First occurred: 09:06:08 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:06:08

Couldn't start application
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:152

Error setting up entry CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller, s/n: Correct Serial Number - Silicon Labs for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 102, in async_setup_entry
    await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 152, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 69, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 196, in startup
    return await self._startup(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 255, in _startup
    await self._write_stack_settings(reset_if_changed=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 1129, in _write_stack_settings
    current_value = await self._znp.nvram.osal_read(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/nvram.py", line 173, in osal_read
    raise KeyError(f"NV item does not exist: {nv_id!r}")
KeyError: 'NV item does not exist: <OsalNvIds.CONCENTRATOR_ENABLE: 50>'

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:152

Error setting up entry CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller, s/n: 5e937cc6fe93eb11a4cda75b3d98b6d1 - Silicon Labs for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 304, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 102, in async_setup_entry
await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 152, in async_initialize
self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 69, in new
await app.startup(auto_form)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 196, in startup
return await self._startup(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 255, in _startup
await self._write_stack_settings(reset_if_changed=True)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 1129, in _write_stack_settings
current_value = await self._znp.nvram.osal_read(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/nvram.py”, line 173, in osal_read
raise KeyError(f"NV item does not exist: {nv_id!r}")
KeyError: ‘NV item does not exist: <OsalNvIds.CONCENTRATOR_ENABLE: 50>’

You mention Silicon labs, which is the manufacturer of your UART/USB bridge.

zigpy_znp is for Texas Instruments - in most cases you’ld be using a device that has USB onboard, which means they do not require a bridge. If you were using a TI CC2530 you’ld require a bridge, but the CC2531 already has USB which is what you’ld buy on a USB stick.

I suppose that you did not make the right choice somewhere. What hardware do you have?

Hello,

Thankyou so much for your reply. I am using the new Sonoff ZigBee 3.0 the Balck one in the metal case. When I first started it allowed me to select which device to use. I am not sure why as it does show up as connected but the ZHA does not seem to open anymore.

When I enter it manually I get a failed to Connected the with /dev/ttyUSB0 - CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller, s/n: 5e937cc6fe93eb11a4cda75b3d98b6d1 - Silicon Labs
as the Serial device path,

Keep the Port Speed the same like in the doucmentation and data flow control as hardware

I am following the these instructions How to add Zigbee devices to Home Assistant via SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus? How to flash firmware to Cc2652P? - SONOFF Official

Did you fix this?

Try unscrewing the antenna during setup… It made no sense to me, and maybe it is not the solution.
While I was checking the logs there was a line that said something like

“noisy radio environment: try to uscrew the antenna before the network is completed”

(I didn’t copy it and I cannot find it again).
I removed the antenna and the installation went through.

did you get the solution ?
I am having the same issue. the first time was working fine and added few devices.
when I waked up on the morning I get the same error. ZHA is not recognizing the USB bridge.
I have tried to
delete & re-install ZHA
Reboot HA
change USB port
unplug the USB attena

nothing work

I ran into the same issue ever since 2022.04. Since I always had issue with my Ikea remote side button not working properly wanted to move to Z2M, I used this opportunity to redo my entire zigbee network.

Everything is working properly without any issues.

I was able to fix this issue by re-flashing the USB Firmware.

Be sure to use USB extension cable with longer plug that is on the adapter itself for proper connection.

To avoid EMF interference strongly recommended buy and use → Long USB extension cable

• Another reason for using a USB extension cable is that the USB-plug design of ITead’s Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus hardware adapter is a little short which makes it harder and sometimes impossible to plug it into some USB ports if the computer enclosure/chassis/casing is to thick around the USB-port as that will physically prevent the USB dongle from actually making a proper connection inside the USB port even if it looks like it is plugged in all the way that is possible.

Hi,

My Zigbee Home Automation intergration stopped working a few days ago, I could’t rectiy the problem so decidd to remove and start again. I’ve tried adding the Zigbee Home Automation intergration again, but for some reason I cannot connect :unamused:.

I’ve set the path: socket://[MY IP]:8888 and port to 115200 but it fails to connect.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue.

No, I ended up buying the Sonoff Universal Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus.

No issues with this device, been in over 3 weeks no issues.

The same is for me cannot set up nothing and it was working fine until update

I had this issue suddenly after restarting today, and it scared me straight! I am using the ConBee II USB Gateway with a USB 2.0 extension cable on a BeeLink GK55 mini computer running HAOS (Generic x86-64).

Thankfully, I was able to resolve my issue by changing to a different USB 2.0 port on my HASS host machine.

The one I was using was also USB 2.0, so perhaps it just needed to be secured, or maybe it was the port.

Hello,

I have a mini PC Beelink U55 and this happened sometimes with the Conbee 2 USB dongle.

The fix ( workaround) was to unplug -replug the usb dongle and reboot

Hi
I have samee issue , any solution?

reflash the firmware of what?