ZHA fails with newer Conbee II firmware

My ZHA does not seem work with newer firmwares of Conbee II. Restoring to older firmware makes it work again.

I have HA running on Synology NAS VM, and I have a Conbee II, that I used with Deconz on a Rpi3, but it didn’t work well. I learned that it did not report many entities. And some new devices did not work at all.
So, I move the Conbee II to the USB port of the NAS, linked it in VM to HA, and now I am running ZHA.
It works okay. But I noticed that some devices still don’t report all the entities. Like some don’t report power usage, just the energy usage.

The firmware of the Conbee II is 0x26660700, and if I update it to 0x26780700 the ZHA intergration can’t find the Zigbee interface. No matter what I try.

But when I load the original firmware version back again. And reboot and stuff. It connects fine and show my stuff again.
I tried the “migrate to a new radio” option, as I thought it might see the new firmware as a new radio, but it warns me that the original firmware should be 0x267xxx, which it is not. And it didn’t work anyway.

I tried all the versions between 0x26660700 and 0x26780700 , but none work.
The only one that makes ZHA load is the original version 0x26660700. which is over 3 years old.

Should I just trash the Zigbee interface and get some other zigbee interface that works with ZHA? I don’t like to wast money.

How are you updating the firmware? I updated my Conbee II a couple of months ago to 0x26780700 without issue using these instructions:

How to update ConBee/ConBee II firmware in Windows 10 - Flemming’s Blog (flemmingss.com)

Note I just used the GCCFlasher executable and did not have Phoscon installed. I updated the Conbee II on a windows laptop and not my Home Assistant computer.

Output of debug:

"application_state": {
      "node_info": {
        "nwk": 0,
        "ieee": "**REDACTED**",
        "logical_type": 0,
        "model": "Conbee II",
        "manufacturer": "dresden elektronik",
        "version": "0x26780700"

So I am an example that it can be done successfully.

I updated using a Windows 10 computer as well.
And it when through the process nicely (After I changed the comport from 8 to 1).

What version did you update from?
And were you using the Conbee with old version before you updated?
Or did you start using it only after you updated?

I’m not sure what version it was originally on, I purchased it about 2 years ago. I ran for over a year on the firmware delivered on the device. I upgraded to the current version after purchasing a spare device and had confidence I could recover should something catastrophic happen.

Probably been running the new firmware for 4-6 months. No real noticeable differences, ZHA was pretty stable for me before upgrading.