ZHA "Groups" in wrong "Area"

I’ve got 3 Gledopto Zigbee RGBW Bulbs and a RGBGenie wall panel in my bedroom. It was a bit of fighting, but I was able to group the bulbs and bind the group to the wall panel.

So that’s great. But I’ve got one problem. My Zigbee group shows up in the “Living Room” area, because the entity is bound to my Zigbee stick.

I’ve searched for about an hour, and haven’t found anything that talks about how to fix this. Ideas?

1 Like

Same issue as described and will be fixed in new #34583 pull request for ZHA in Home Assistant Core?

and

Has this issue been resolved? I still can’t place zha groups in a different area. It defaults them to the first area.

I just added a couple bulbs and noticed I can’t even find where I am supposed to be able to change the area, has that moved? Or is it just missing altogether?

…sorry should be more specific, if you didn’t initially select an area, how do select one/change the area after the fact. I believe before the ZHA page was updated it came up right at the bottom of the device on the ZHA/Zigbee page

Now, 2 years later, the problem still exists :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

EDIT: Fixed it by giving it an own room like (Existingroom_hidden)

I found a workaround for this by creating a light group (Settings → Devices and services → Helper → Add group → Light group) with only the zigbee group.
You can then hide the zigbee group and instead add the light group to your desired area.

1 Like