ZHA - IKEA five button remote for lights

great!
is there a way to have the same for the 2 buttons ikea trader remote?

Strange, I am getting “No Matching Device Found”?

Any ideas or pointers?

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 09.55.16

Not strange, as the topic says this is for ZHA integration not IKEA TRÅDFRI.

And if this did not make it clear this should have;

Working with ZHA with and an IKEA TRADFRI bulb E27 WS opal 1000lm.
It is working with brightness short press only. If I do long press nothing happens.
I also can not change color with the left or right buttons. Only options you can chose are; turn on, turn off, toggle, increase brightness, decrease brightness or flash. How can I make this change color as well?

1 Like

ZHA is a specific module? Guess I just learned! Thanks

Alright I think my fork for Zigbee2Mqtt is working. Here’s the gist! Just paste the url into Blueprints

In my example, my IKEA Remote is called Office Remote so Z2M calls the sensor I’m aiming for sensor.office_remote_action.

1 Like

Yes, ControllerX is really great. Do you think it’s possible to integrate / combine ControllerX capabilities with the simplicity of blueprints? It would be really great to be able to configure multiple clicks of a IKEA / hue remote just within the UI.

Thanks @frenck. I had a bit of a panic when I first imported the blueprint and all of my automations in the GUI disappeared, but I realised I’d opened the options to set an action for the left button and not added anything so things got a bit screwy. I manually removed the broken automation, reloaded automations and added it from the blueprint again without messing with it this time and it’s working perfectly.

I can see the blueprint function getting a lot of use, it’s so much simpler than trying to copy automation code around from forum posts.

Awesome work!!!

Is there a way to add middle button long press support also?

+1 for this

How can I make this change color as well?

I’m also wondering the same!

2 Likes

Hi @AndrejDelany,

The great thing about ControllerX is that is an automation created with Python code. The only way of creating automations with Python code is either with AppDaemon or Pyscript, and either of them are supported natively by HA, which will make it difficult to integrate.

I agree with you, though. I created ControllerX because HA did not allow you to create automations easily for your controllers, but seems that Blueprints are the first step towards that goal. I would also love a way of binding a controller with a light with all its functionalities and be able to configure all things that ControllerX already does via UI.

We will get there one day, I am sure :slight_smile:

Regards,
Xavi M.

The problem with the middle button for this controller is that also fires the click action ( not matter the integration - z2m, deconz, zha). However, if you are looking for more flexibility, I recommend you taking a look to ControllerX.

Regards,
Xavi M.

2 Likes

Thanks, I guess I missed that while testing, thanks for the pointer.

I already have ControllerX setup, just trying to get more custom control over my remoted…

If you need any help with ControllerX setup, just let me know. I am happy to help you out :slight_smile:

thanks for the offer, I have it 99% where I want it so I am very happy with it, I just like to toy around with things…

1 Like

so can someone tell me why this works on one unit (at my work) but the one i would like it to work on (home) it wont thanks jeff

An example how I set 4 different color temperatures on that bulb with the left and right buttons

Left button - short press:

• Action: Call service
  • Service: light.turn_on
  • Name of entities to turn on: (select your bulb)
  • Service data: kelvin: 2800

Left button - long press:

• Service data: kelvin: 2200

Right button - short press:

• Service data: kelvin: 3400

Right button - long press:

• Service data: kelvin: 4000

It’s not perfect, but maybe a beginning. There are more data attributes on the https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/light/ page.

1 Like

For DeConz it is available with color change: deCONZ - IKEA five button remote for lights with color temp
I hope someone can rewrite this to ZHA. I can’t as I am a user and not a code writer.

1 Like

Hi there!

Having some sort of issues when I try to create an automation with this Blueprint. I can start the creation and choose the remote, bulb etc, but when I save the automation a small gray box pops up in the lower left corner with no text and no automation is created.
Other Blueprints I have used like the IKEA two button dimmer works fine.

My config is the latest release of HA and IKEA without a hub. ZHA is in use and I can control the IKEA lamp through Lovelace without any issues…

/Thanks