ZHA - IKEA open/close switch for covers (e.g KADRILJ, FYRTUR)

Thank you @Jupiler987. Your blueprint worked like a charm! Appreciate the help.
One other thing with the Ikea Fyrtur blinds and Tradfri remotes that I am trying to figure out is how exactly am I supposed to use “bindings” such that the remote and the blinds can communicate even if my HA instance is down. I haven’t had 100% reliability with the remote speaking to the blinds via HA so currently removed them BUT would love to have the best of both worlds if possible i.e. HA for scheduling open / close of blinds & reliability of the Ikea remote <> blind connectivity.

See this blueprint for a generic use of the same button.

did you ever find a way to do this?

Thanks I used this and it worked fine for a single Fyrtur and for a group made of 2 Fyrturs (selected using the entity drop down)

I’ve managed to adapt this over to Zigbee2MQTT. I currently have it set to use cover.set_cover_position : 0 or 99 instead of using cover.open or cover.close since these don’t work reliably for me with multiple Fyrtur blinds, but you can probably swap it over if you’d like (or if you have the values inverted in your settings). Opening, closing, and stop all work well for me. Here’s the blueprint code:

blueprint:
  name: Cover control with Tradfri open/close remote Z2M
  description: |
    Control a cover with an Ikea Tradfri open/close button remote over Zigbee2MQTT

Short press on ☼ button will open the cover.
    Short press on ☰ button will close the cover.
    Long press on ☼ or ☰  will stop the cover.
  domain: automation
  input:
    remote:
      name: Remote
      description: "IKEA open/close remote to use"
      selector:
        entity:
          domain: sensor
          multiple: false
    cover:
      name: Cover
      description: The cover to control
      default:
        entity_id: none
      selector:
        entity:
          domain: cover
trigger:
- platform: state
  entity_id:
  - !input remote
  to: 'open'
  id: 'open'
  entity_id:
  - !input remote
  to: 'close'
  id: 'close'
  entity_id:
  - !input remote
  to: 'stop'
  id: 'stop'
action:
- choose:
  - conditions:
    - condition: trigger
      id: 'open'
    sequence:
    - service: cover.set_cover_position
      data:
        position: '99'
      target:
        entity_id: !input cover
  - conditions:
      id: 'close'
    sequence:
    - service: cover.set_cover_position
      data:
        position: '0'
      target:
  - conditions:
      id: 'stop'
    sequence:
    - service: cover.stop_cover
      target: 
mode: restart
1 Like

Open your Home Assistant file editor, navigate through the folders to config/blueprints/automation and you should see the blueprint’s folder listed as seblu, click on it and then click on the yaml file inside the folder. The file should open in your file editor and you should be able to edit the manufacturer line. Save changes and reload your yaml configuration. I followed these steps and was then able to select the Ike button!

I cannot select the remote control in the blueprint.
I installed the original blueprint from this post and the “IKEA of Sweden” blueprint. I can’t select a remote control on either.

In my HA installation via deCONZ, the remote control only exists as a “battery sensor”, but I still get the button presses displayed and can also select them separately in a handmade automation as “open” and “close” triggers.

What could be the problem here that I can’t use the blueprint?

I seem to have an issue with the functionality.
Single tapping works as described. Holding the buttons does the same thing as single clicking… i cant seem to stop the motion too.

My remote has 2 sensors… “action” and “click” what would be the right “switch”… i can select both of them.

Thank you for the good work!

regards,
markus