ZHA - IKEA Symfonisk sound controller for media (the spinny one)

guys the button events work but the rotating events are not. any ideas?

same here volume up or down does change the volume however just by one. I would have expected toif I scrolled for 5 seconds it would got 1,2,4,5 on the volume but it doesn’t work like that.

Guess this blueprint is dead, the owner is no longer supporting it or he is dead.

I don’t know why we are getting so many duplications of events and frankly I have not had time to look at it.

I am just a user like you, so maybe instead of being snarky you should have a look at it and see if you can find a solution to help the community?

Not dead. I own gen 1 devices. Those work fine with the blue print. Feel free to adapt the blue print to work with the gen2 version

1 Like

I recall these devices always fired many events. That is why the blue print has a delay and single execution

Even this thread is related to ZHA I have a question/issue with Z2M and the rotary remote. The blueprint is basically working, however if I try to increase or decrease volume due to rotation the volume level continous to increase/decrease even if I don’t rotate anymore. Which is annoying, because I end up with maximum or minimum volume if I use the remote. Does anyone else observed that behavior? And even more interesting: is there a counter measure? Thanks in advance.

I binned my Spinny IKEA remote, was very very unreliable and kept eating battery’s every few weeks !

1 Like

Me too, i use one still as a button…

The device firmware could have broken the script. Modifying the script from the blueprint manually fixes the volume + double click. @erkr I’ll try to create a PR when I get a moment.

actions_mapping:

zha:
      rotate_left:
      - move_MoveMode.Down_195_0_0
      rotate_stop:
      - stop_0_0
      rotate_right:
      - move_MoveMode.Up_195_0_0
      click_short:
      - toggle
      click_double:
      - step_StepMode.Up_1_0_0_0