ZHA - Ikea Symfonisk sound controller GEN2 (the square one)

I think the adde the support in the new beta for the shortcut dots. Maybe now this can work

1 Like

Hey James, I just added this controller and I do not get any error messages. Could it be that the problems with the buttons have been resolved?

Would be nice to see them added to the blueprint (I have no idea how to write one myself).

Hi Ben,

I wanted to add the dot buttons as well, so I did some tweaking myself a few weeks ago and got it working. Wanted to finish it up today and came across your comment, so I decided to upload it.

You can find it here: ZHA - Ikea Symfonisk sound controller GEN2 (the square one) with dot-button support for new firmware.

Should have full control for the two dot-buttons with options for single, double and long press. You do need the newer firmware, but I also link to a resource on how to update if necessary.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey there, thank you so much. Somehow the controller was updated automatically and the buttons were not responding, but after removing the remote, taking out the batteries and pairing it again, now it works perfectly.

Now let’s make up some nice things to assign to the buttons.

Good jobs ppl

I had exactly the same issue. Also Aqara plugs.
What I did is:

1. Deleted the device from HA
  2. Took a piece of aluminium foil
  3. Got the switch as close to the coordinator stick as possible, wrap them in foil
  4. Re-added the device

The reason for the foil it that I have 2 more Aqara plugs right near the coordinator and the HA server is plugged in one of them. I did not want to get it triggered, so at least some more RF protection.
Now they’re not triggering anything by themselves.

Now I’ve moved the switch to it’s permanent place and I need to observe if this random switching behaviour returns after some time when or not, when switch connects thought that other Aqara plug it was originally switching on and off.

Weird stuff

I connected the remote correctly to Zigbee2mqtt. But when I try to add the device in the blueprint automation, it could not find the device…

The blueprint is hardcoded to look for it on zwave its self, so it won’t work without modding.

Thanks! Did not read ‘ZHA’. I already found the Z2M version :slight_smile:

1 Like