ZHA - Ikea Symfonisk sound controller GEN2 (the square one)

Not the round dial one but this one.

Currently the single and double dots are not working due to being rather new and giving the following error

2023-03-02 12:44:01.144 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x125C:1:0xfc7f] Unknown cluster command 1 b’\x02\x01’
2023-03-02 12:44:02.020 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x125C:1:0xfc7f] Unknown cluster command 1 b’\x01\x01’

Here is a link to the thread in ZHA

But here is my blueprint for the rest of the button, i shall update once the other buttons are working.


Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.


I tried to import this, but I got this error “No valid blueprint found in the topic. Blueprint syntax blocks need to be marked as YAML or no syntax” do you know why?
thanks in advance for your work.

I’ll have a look in a bit, it is my first blueprint so prob need to review what ive done to post it.
was gonna try and see if I can submit the new remote to zha so the extra buttons.

1 Like

Great! Just what I was looking for. Looking forward to your update.

Edit: the first line needs to be removed (double ‘blueprint’)

1 Like

Think i’ve got it all working now. Deleted my local copy and imported and created an automation based on this one.

Was gonna make it more complex at some later date (like if it’s not playing and next track is pressed done this other thing) But for now until the single and double dots are wokring i shall wait.

Quick feedback:
Tried to import it and got the same error message. So it seems like its not working yet :frowning:

Poop, I’ll try again with another browser (in case its that)

7th times the charm…

Yes! I can import now! Trying to create an automation also seems to work.
Now I only need the fitting hardware haha
Have to run it by my SO, but I feel like this could be a handy remote when watching via chromecast, or when the remote for my speakers is not in armslength of the sofa.
Thanks for your effort!

1 Like

Have any one had any problems with this controller? I bought 2 of them and both just after being connected to HA started toggling my Aqara plugs without any configuration whatsoever.

If there is nothing in HA saying it’s toggling them (so no automation) then they might have some how binded to the plugs ?!?
Not sure how that would have happened, i’ve only got 2 zigbee devices and the skyconnect device which are all less then a few weeks old so i have no real knowledge if you can bind like that…

I’ve checked everything I possible can, every log, events, even opened db file and couldn’t find anything that binds controller with plug :frowning:

Unpair/default both devices ? (Again just guessing)
Also look at doing a firmware update to the devices ? Zha does have some guides on how to do that on home assistant.

Works perfect for me, thank you!

I have had similar behaviour with some of my IKEA bulbs and switches.
Some just were bound as soon as I onboarded them onto my SkyConnect stick. The issue was resolved by selecting the device and manually unbinding them. That can all be done inside the SkyConnect integration. Click on the device you want to unbind (it think you need to select the steering device, but don’t nail me down on that), then go into the deeper settings. In the “Binding” section you can select the device you want to unbind from the dropdown and click “unbind”.
My integration is broken right now, so I can’t give you a precise step by step guide, but thats the rough way to do it.
Hope this helps!

This worked good for me

But it needed some tweaking, the next/prev track buttons weren’t functioning and after looking at the zha_event I found a couple of things in the blueprint that compounded and resulted in the behaviour.

  • The dots condition is evaluated before the next/prev track condition
  • The conditions for the dots were the same as the next/prev track in the blueprint

This meant that any press of the next/prev track would evaluate as the dead end dots condition.

All I had to do was move the next/prev track condition above the dots one.

Hope this helps, easy fix.

I made some tweaks to fix my above problem and also added some volume control that worked a bit better. The media_player_volume.up and down do weird things, so I took the volume control from the script Eric Kreuwels had for the gen 1 remote.

Volume still seems to be buggy but I cant quite figure out why.


I’ve been watching the ZHA posts and hopefully they will have the Gen 2 firmware 1 and 2 added soon. I will will update the blueprint to include the dots.
Hopefully it might help with the volume issues as well. It might be worth doing the fireware as it adds press and hold commands (i think)

I removed the single and double dots option. I shall change it once they push the working changes ZHA has for the dots.

Seems that not only we’re having issues with the new buttons.