ZHA - IKEA TRADFRI - 5 Button Remote - Color Lights

If you are using Zigbee2MQTT, try this one.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
https://gist.github.com/niro1987/81649657c118c1739de1c305a5015342

I don’t suppose you’ll be doing one where the buttons run through an input select of scenes? I’d definitely buy you a beer for that one!

In the same way as ZHA - IKEA TRADFRI - 5 Button Remote - Color Preset??

The problem is that a scene can entail many lights, and even other types of devices. What do you expect to happen when you active any scene and afterwards you press one of the brightness buttons, or even the power button. From a blueprint perspective, I have no way of knowing what lights to adjust.

For example: The blueprint is provided with a light entity (living_room) and an input select of scenes (containing scene.1, scene.2, scene.3).

Ahh, yes I see your point. The brightness up down, wouldn’t be used in that case. Scene rotation might be cool for one of the shortcut buttons, or rotating dials, but not so much for the 5 button devices.

I don’t know if scene rotation is desireable. You would have to make sure that every entity from the one scene is included in the other, and so on…

I do have one of those shortcut buttons that I use with two scenes, one on the short press and the other on the long press. Blueprint here

Thanks again for your blueprints. I have a request/question.
When I go into my kids room with this Color Light and he/she have some wierd color I want to quickly return the light to “normal” if I example want to clean the room or something.
One way that came to my mind was that if I double-press the on/off button it would do this for me.
Can I have the Custom-blueprint above this one where I just bind the double press to do something? Or could you maybe add this feature?
Thank you!

Holding down the power button for a few seconds will reset the lights to ‘normal’

1 Like

Ah thank you :slight_smile:

First of all, I would like to thank Niels for this great Blueprint, it is solid, easy to configure, and works like a charm.

It is a pity Ikea does sale this 5 buttons Tradfri remote anymore, I found the new one with its 4 button less convenient.

I am just wondering how I could modify it so the left and right buttons allow a more progressive change in colors. In other words, what part of the YAML file should I change to cover more colors.

My guess is that I could change 18 to a smaller value in this part (line 158 to 166 for the Short-Press on the color-up button for example), but I am not quite sure, and I do not want to break what is working just fine today.

Hi,

first of all thank you for all the nice blueprints for the Tradfri remote control as well as for the Styrbar 4 button remote. They are really handy to control my color lights!

The “color preset” blueprints are working fine. However I encountered a small issue with the “color lights” blueprints:

The left button changes saturation as it should. The right button should just change the color, but I found it to also decrease the saturation. When I open the color picker of the corresponding light and observe how the color changes when I press the right button, this can be confirmed. I would expect the color picker to go in a circle through the colors when I press the right button. In reality it moves in a spiral: the color changes, but also the saturation decreases.

Can you confirm this? Is it possible to not decrease the saturation when changing the color?

Thanks you and Regards

I actually have a few of these remotes myself and do not experience the same behaviour. Are you sure that the remote itself is working as intended? You might want to listen for events while you press the buttons to see if only one button is triggered.

If you like my work, please concider to Buy Me A Coffee.

Thank you for the quick response.

Each button press gives me one zha_event.
Left button gives me:

event_type: zha_event
data:
  device_ieee: cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:be:a2:61
  unique_id: cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:be:a2:61:1:0x0005
  device_id: e4c6dcddb8f9072b082cf0d0d275d368
  endpoint_id: 1
  cluster_id: 5
  command: press
  args:
  params:
    param1: 257
    param2: 13
    param3: 0
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2023-08-06T21:52:39.971990+00:00"
context:
  id: 01H76DD313X2YN9Y21T9T47TK7
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

Right button gives me:

event_type: zha_event
data:
  device_ieee: cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:be:a2:61
  unique_id: cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:be:a2:61:1:0x0005
  device_id: e4c6dcddb8f9072b082cf0d0d275d368
  endpoint_id: 1
  cluster_id: 5
  command: press
  args:
  params:
    param1: 256
    param2: 13
    param3: 0
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2023-08-06T21:52:42.016911+00:00"
context:
  id: 01H76DD510D0EBV4FAAA1TNR8X
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

Device is: TRADFRI remote control
Firmware is: 0x24040005

Is that information of any help?

I will also try it with the Styrbar 4 button remote…

I’m getting the same behaviour when using the styrbar 4 button remote.

I also tried different color lights to rule out the possibility, that the light doesn’t accept certain colors, with no difference.

I don’t know what to say, as you can see from the blueprint, in this section, only the hue is incremented on press command with matching args.

Only thing I can think of, is that you have another automation enabled that is manipulating the same light at the same time, from another blueprint maybe?

I was looking for exactly this, but for Zigbee2mqtt, could you add this option for us, z2m users? :innocent:

Just an FYI, in Z2M you can just bind the IKEA remote to an IKEA bulb or multiple bulbs using the “Bind” function.

This makes it work like it does out of the box in stand alone mode, and also works in full Zigbee mode.

I have 3 bulbs bound to 2 remotes and I also have the bulbs in automations.

All I do is create a group of bulbs and bind it to the remote in Zigbee2MQTT, this works better, if the HA controller goes down for any reason, the remotes will still control the lights, as long as the coordinator is still powered up.

The below image is the bind function under the Tradfri Remote in Z2M.

I have another remote, bound the same, so both remotes control all bulbs seperate to HA, but HA will show all the changes in real time, and HA can also change each bulb seperately or grouped.

Is here possibility to add minimum brightness? Restrict dimmable light minimum brightness to 10% i tried to grab solution from here, but unsuccessfully

Why would you not just do that in a separate automation? Doing it here only solves half that problem, what it the ligt is dimmed in some other way?

In HA for example minimum brightness is 1% by default.

Actually I try to get maximally similar “physical” working as original.

Also it more logically - if need turnoff light - can press power button. When need setup most minimum brightness - switching lighting off little bit strange

Also HA have min. brightness limit wehn use this remote without blueprint