ZHA - IKEA TRADFRI - 5 Button Remote - Color Lights

If you are using Zigbee2MQTT, try this one.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
https://gist.github.com/niro1987/81649657c118c1739de1c305a5015342

I don’t suppose you’ll be doing one where the buttons run through an input select of scenes? I’d definitely buy you a beer for that one!

In the same way as ZHA - IKEA TRADFRI - 5 Button Remote - Color Preset??

The problem is that a scene can entail many lights, and even other types of devices. What do you expect to happen when you active any scene and afterwards you press one of the brightness buttons, or even the power button. From a blueprint perspective, I have no way of knowing what lights to adjust.

For example: The blueprint is provided with a light entity (living_room) and an input select of scenes (containing scene.1, scene.2, scene.3).

Ahh, yes I see your point. The brightness up down, wouldn’t be used in that case. Scene rotation might be cool for one of the shortcut buttons, or rotating dials, but not so much for the 5 button devices.

I don’t know if scene rotation is desireable. You would have to make sure that every entity from the one scene is included in the other, and so on…

I do have one of those shortcut buttons that I use with two scenes, one on the short press and the other on the long press. Blueprint here

Thanks again for your blueprints. I have a request/question.
When I go into my kids room with this Color Light and he/she have some wierd color I want to quickly return the light to “normal” if I example want to clean the room or something.
One way that came to my mind was that if I double-press the on/off button it would do this for me.
Can I have the Custom-blueprint above this one where I just bind the double press to do something? Or could you maybe add this feature?
Thank you!

Holding down the power button for a few seconds will reset the lights to ‘normal’

1 Like

Ah thank you :slight_smile: