ZHA - IKEA TRADFRI - 5 Button Remote - Custom Preset

Check out this blueprint to simulate the IKEA TRADFRI Remote (5 button version) through ZHA events.

Holding down the power button will reset the light to normal. Holding down the other buttons cycles through the same function and stops on release.

Button Action
Power Toggle the light
Dim-Up Increase brightness
Dim-Down Decrease brightness
Right Next Preset
Left Previous Preset

Get started

Create the Helper

Create an input_select (or Dropdown) Helper with your predefined settings. You can copy/paste the yaml values from Developer Tools > Services. You’ll need to convert the values to a yaml style dictionary, like this:

{ 'brightness': 254, 'hs_color': (120, 100), 'transition': 0.5 } # Your comment

An example Dropdown Helper:

Import the Blueprint

Click the badge to import this Blueprint: (needs Home Assistant Core 2021.3 or higher)

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Or import this Blueprint by using the Gist URL:
https://github.com/niro1987/homeassistant-config/blob/main/blueprints/automation/niro1987/zha_ikea_tradfri_5button_remote_custompreset.yaml

Buy Me A Coffee

Works awesome for my childrens room. Thanks!

Im using the following options :slight_smile:

{ 'brightness': 10, 'hs_color': (360, 100) } # Red
{ 'brightness': 10, 'hs_color': (120, 100) } # Green
{ 'brightness': 250, 'hs_color': (28.391, 65.659) } # White
2 Likes

Dear Niels,

The Color Preet works for excellent way, but this custom preset only switch on/off and increase/decrease the brightness. Do you have any idea why?

Awesome work! This is now my go-to for the Tradfri remotes. I’m using it in 4 places around the house.

I’m new to HA so I’m pouring over your blueprint just as a learning exercise. Any thoughts as to how I’d make the “Left Button” always go to the first item in the helper list? It’d be useful to me if that always went to the “white light” and the right arrows cycled through the list. Playing with input_select.select_first, but it’s not working.

Again thanks from Kentucky, USA.

1 Like

Try this one

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
https://github.com/niro1987/homeassistant-config/blob/902542a9f84d257fc65c3ddb266a293507f63726/blueprints/automation/niro1987/zha_ikea_tradfri_5button_remote_custompreset-leftresets.yaml

In this variant, I’ve only updated the short-press on the left button, the long-ress still does the same thing.

The changes made:

Nice! I had left the cycle: true in place.
I’ll get there eventually!

Always follow the documentation :wink: