ZHA + Ikea TRADFRI bulb E27 CWS 806lm + STYRBAR Remote control get it to work together?

Hi everyone,

I purchased a remote control kit from Ikea and integrated it into HA (latest release) through ZHA and Conbee II stick.

It works great and I have control over the lightbulb nicely through the UI.

However, from the point in time when I integrated the lightbulb into HA, the remote stopped working.

Is this the expected behaviour and if yes, is there a work around?
Also, would the remote also be visible as a device in ZHA integration?

The remote would be great for my daughter to change colours etc.

Thanks everyone.

Nevermind, I managed to put the remote in pairing modus. Works now. :crazy_face:

New to HA but I was interested to know you can still pair the remote to the bulb like this.

I am actually controlling my Ikea lamps with the Ikea remotes but by using automation from blueprints from other uses who have mapped everything out nicely with smooth dimming. This allows me to use other functions on the remote to control non Ikea stuff with button presses.

Yeah sure, no problem. So first you need to pair the remote with ZHA. I achieved this by pressing the pairing button of the remote 5 times fast after each other. This is a bit tricky and I recommend to stay close to the controller. In my case a Conbee II stick.

After that i used this blueprint to create an automation that is listening to the remote touches. Please note that you have to add the remote device to the config and create a text input helper too to store the temporary values.

With another blueprint (use the light hock) you can also enable color changes etc. as part of an automation. I guess you need to play around a bit with what you need.

Of course the bulb also must be paired with the Zigbee controller.

My daughter is happy now. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.