ZHA - Linkind 5-Key Remote Control Button ZBT-RGBW Switch-D0801 ---> Using Switch Modes

Here is a blueprint to help use the Linkind 5 key remote with the ZHA integration. This is my first blueprint and it is very simple, but I hope it will be useful for you. It’s different than the blueprint that @makeitworktech posted which allows you to control lights, dim, color, etc. That blueprint is great for controlling devices in the light domain and I use it for controlling my smartbulbs, but I have more of the remotes than bulbs so I decided to try and use the remotes in other ways (eg switches and scenes).

This blueprint will help you setup your Linkind 5-button remote to execute action(s) for each button, except the button on the right with the square icon. This square icon button does not currently send any commands to Home Assistant using the ZHA integration. The mode button is used to select the remote mode by pressing the button with the circular icon as follows:

• Mode 1 - press until the green light is in the far left position
  • Mode 2 - press until the green light is in the center position
  • Mode 3 - press until the green light is in the far right position

The round center button and the up and down buttons on the remote repeat the action(s) you enter.

So, there are 4 opportunities to set up actions for one or many devices or anything else you can run in an automation.

I’ve only been a Home Assistant user for about 6 months and learning stuff everyday. I look forward to hearing any suggestions you might have to improve this blueprint.

Thanks!!

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

blueprint:
  name: ZHA - Linkind 5-Button Remote using Modes
  description: "This blueprint will help you setup your Linkind 5-button remote to execute action(s) for each button, except the button on the right with the square icon. This button does not send any commands to Home Assistant using the ZHA integration.\n\n The mode buttons below are selected on the remote by pressing the button with the circular icon as follows:\n - Mode 1 - press until the green light is in the far left position\n - Mode 2 - press until the green light is in the center position\n - Mode 3 - press until the green light is in the far right position\n\n The round center button and the up and down buttons on the remote repeat the action(s) you enter.\n\n It is recommended to use the toggle service to turn the light or switch on and off.\n"
  domain: automation
  input:
    linkind_button:
      name: Linkind Button
      description: This is the Linkind button to use.
      selector:
        device:
          integration: zha
          manufacturer: lk
          model: ZBT-RGBWSwitch-D0801
    round_button_press:
      name: Round Button
      description: Action(s) to run when round button in the middle is pressed.
      default: []
      selector:
        action: {}
    mode1_button_press:
      name: Mode 1 Button
      description: Action(s) to run when up or down buttons are pressed while in mode 1.
      selector:
    mode2_button_press:
      name: Mode 2 Button
      description: Action to run when up or down buttons are pressed while in mode 2. 
      selector:
    mode3_button_press:
      name: Mode 3 Button
      description: Action to run when up or down buttons are pressed while in mode 3. 
      selector:
  source_url: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zha-linkind-5-key-remote-control-button-zbt-rgbw-switch-d0801-using-switch-modes/358781
mode: restart
max_exceeded: silent
trigger:
- platform: event
  event_type: zha_event
  event_data:
    device_id: !input 'linkind_button'
action:
- variables:
    button_command: '{{ trigger.event.data.command }}'
- choose:
  - conditions: