ZHA - Nortek HUSBZB-1 error - Inappropriate ioctl for device

I’m getting the above error when trying to add the zha integration via configuration.yaml:

zha:
          usb_path: /dev/NortekHUSBZB-1
          database_path: /home/me/.homeassistant/zigbee.db

where /dev/NortekHUSBZB-1 is a symlink to the Nortek HUSBZB-1 device created by a udev rule, although I get the same error when I reference the direct path (/dev/bus/usb/001/007) in configuration.yaml.

I’m also not sure if I’m linking to the right device. The manual says it should appear as two devices, but I’m not sure how to access each individually.

dmesg | grep USB:
[292801.415493] usb 1-10: new full-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd
[292801.557402] usb 1-10: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=8a2a, bcdDevice= 1.00
[292801.557409] usb 1-10: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=5
lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 10c4:8a2a Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. HubZ Smart Home Controller
ls /dev/bus/usb/001/
001  007

Looks like it’s getting found, but I only see one device but it doesn’t seem to work with the zha or with Z-Wave integrations. What am I missing?

traceback from log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 323, in _reconfigure_port
    orig_attr = termios.tcgetattr(self.fd)
termios.error: (25, 'Inappropriate ioctl for device')

Install Info:

arch x86_64
dev false
docker false
hassio false
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.4
version 0.99.2
virtualenv true

Lovelace

mode auto-gen

I contacted Nortek support about this and they told me the HUSBZB-1 requires a firmware update that is no longer available due it not being sold or supported in the last five years. I sent it back and replaced with a Conbee II on an extension cable and a Aeotec Z-Stick and both of them showed up as serial devices (/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyACM1–unlike the HUSBZB-1 which only showed up as a USB device like above.) and the integrations work better now.