ZHA Not Working with Existing Bulbs

I have a Nortek dual zigbee/zwave usb controller. On earlier versions was working ‘ok’ with my different bulbs. I have Cree, Philips, Wemo and Sengled bulbs. System was working ‘ok’ only because after power outages some bulbs became unresponsive. I would do a reset on the bulbs and permit to add them back in, and all would be ok again.
I upgraded to 88.2 and all bulbs became unavailable. Tried as I might, I could not get them to join the network with the existing zigbee.db file. So last resort, I renamed my zigbee.db file to reset the entire bulb setup. Grabbed 2 brand new Sengled bulbs, was successful to add them to ZHA. I thought great, ok I have to do this for all my bulbs. Pain in the butt, but whatever. I used my bench light to join them since they are by my computer. After removing the bulbs from the bench light (ie power outage) and putting them into the place they were to go they were unavailable. Can’t see them at all - did an HA restart, etc. Bulbs are just not there anymore.

What the heck is going on here? I don’t care if I have to reset all of my bulbs and re-add them but what’s the point if they become unavailable and inaccessible once you move them or the power goes out?

Does it make sense to consider zigbee2mqtt rather than ZHA? Am I the only one seeing this? I’ve been running the zigbee devices for probably over a year and no issues (other than noted above). The bulbs I started to work with are 10 feet from the usb controller so distance is not an issue.

Norm

0.88.x introduced a change where the bulbs will be unavailable untill they first communicate with the zigbee network.

I do not remember anymore if this has already been solved or will be solved in 0.90.x (I know there is an issue which causes the light to become unavailable after 120minutes, but i am not sure if they are related)

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately they never seem to communicate again with the network because even after cycling the lights on/off, waiting a long time, nothing. All unavailable.

I have the same controller and 4 Sengled Classic bulbs and I don’t have any problems with them on V88.1.