ZHA OTA Firmware Update / Upgrade

did you able to pair the plug with HA with no issues? what Zigbee adapter do you have?

Device availability problems are often related to the network or the coordinator. For example if your network is congested or the coordinator too close to some electronic components.

Search about that topic separately since I doubt it is a problem related to the plug itself.

I have the Sonof Zigbe Dongle 3.0.

I have zonoff dongle-E and this issue happened with this dongle, I tried to test it on my development HA and I used DoConz dongle It was working fine and no issue at all

but with sonoff it keep disconnect and become unavailable

You are having a different issue to this topic. This topic is about devices that turn off without being commanded to turn off, but you are having device availability issues, please consider creating a new topic or finding a related one

Unfortunately it seems if your manufacturer has not released firmware then this is not feasible.

There are a growing number of australian users using expensive mercator products such as double GPOs (wall sockets) which have this issue but we have no firmware to update with, despite being the same family of tuya devices

Is there a way to force a generic firmware?

interesting thing happed to me I have development HA running on raspberry 3 and has conBee 2 adapter when I tried to pair it with it it works fine and no avilability issue , same with smartthings hub2 it works with no issues , I am wondering if the issue only with Sonoff dongle E

I did the firmware upgrade to my 3 plugs (16A) it took work as before but the power off hasnt gone away it still happens once a day

Is there an update on the command to manualy force the update, as I get this error in the logs.
Thanks

2023-01-09 09:15:40.643 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.api] The 'args' option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

2023-01-09 09:15:40.647 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0x332F](SYMFONISK Sound Controller): args [[0, 100]] are deprecated and should be passed with the params key. The parameter names are: ['payload_type', 'query_jitter', 'manufacturer_code', 'image_type', 'new_file_version']

When I add the lines to configuration.yaml and after that I do the check configuration on Developers Tools, I got this error:
“Integration error: zigpy_config - Integration ‘zigpy_config’ not found.”
Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong

Can you tell us what lines you have added to your configuration.yaml?

I added the lines indicated on the topic:
zha:
zigpy_config:
ota:
otau_directory: /config/zigpy_ota
ikea_provider: true
ledvance_provider: true

Did you use the spaces (empty spaces before the statements) in the correct length?
That is important as otherwise, your yaml is incorrect to be processed, hence the error.
If that’s not the case please reply the code into a preformatted code block (ctrl E) so we can see what is going on.
Like the example below:

zha:
  zigpy_config:
    ota:
      ikea_provider: true                        # Auto update Trådfri devices
      ledvance_provider: true                    # Auto update LEDVANCE/OSRAM devices
      salus_provider: true                       # Auto update SALUS/Computime devices
      inovelli_provider: true                    # Auto update INOVELLI devices
      #otau_directory: /path/to/your/ota/folder  # Utilize .ota files to update everything 

adding the lines on you example above, it worked with no errors

Thank you for the help.
I have another issue, when adding the lines for the logger like the example on the top of the post:

logger:
default: info
logs:
homeassistant.components.zha: debug
zigpy: debug

I got this error when checking configuration:

“Integration error: default - Integration ‘default’ not found.
Integration error: logs - Integration ‘logs’ not found.”

Problem solved, It was a situation like like the case before, incorrect spaces using.

I have updated my firmware i think but only current_file_version changed from 74 to 192 downloaded_file_version is the same and now i have firmware version string under device propertise Firmware: 0x0000004a that it wasn’t there before. I hope that this will fix problem that this switch have

I’ve documented this process here:

3 Likes

Thanks but is there an update on the command to manually force the update, as I received this error in the logs.

2023-01-09 09:15:40.643 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.api] The 'args' option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

2023-01-09 09:15:40.647 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0x332F](SYMFONISK Sound Controller): args [[0, 100]] are deprecated and should be passed with the params key. The parameter names are: ['payload_type', 'query_jitter', 'manufacturer_code', 'image_type', 'new_file_version']

Beware: I lost ALL ZigBee connections after disabeling ZHA and had to reconnect all devices after I reenabled ZHA! Fortunately I have none hidden, as for now. I was not able to get them back working.

3 additions to your first post:

Thanks.

1 Like