ZHA OTA Firmware Update / Upgrade

Believe the new update command should be:

service: zha.issue_zigbee_cluster_command
data: 
   ieee: '<device_ieee>'
   endpoint_id: 1 # Endpoint id for the OTA cluster.
   cluster_type: out
   command_type: client
   cluster_id: 25
   command: 0
   params:
     payload_type: 0
     query_jitter: 100
1 Like

I was just wondering if some automation could be added, to check, change the state of an update entity, download updated firmware and request update for ZHA.

I understand why it canā€™t be officially supported by ZHA, but it would be a nice bridge to gap for an unofficial addon like zha-toolkit.

why? Iā€™ve succesfully updated with the OP command.

This worked for me to update innr SP 224 - but endpoint ID for my device is 1, not 11.

Hi,
I have two devices, _TZ3000_odzoiovu. Before actualisation everything working ok. This devices had app version: 67, model id: TS0003. After actualisation module change model id: TS011F and app version:192. In zha working ok, but not work hardware swich. When iā€™m push hardware swich, the module not reaspond.
I donā€™t know how to fix it.

Hi
I successfully updated my devices (good complete guide) but they still randomly turn off.
Anyone other suggestions?

Mine is wifi interference.

I can almost 100% cause the one in my laundry to turn off by turning on my ethernet connected PC at the other end of the house.

I have a mesh network and I think something funky is going on with the two signals despite me seperating the channels

Regardless of Zigbee setup, strongly recommend read and try to follow all the tips and best practices here ā†’ Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage

Off-topic but see related feature requests ā†’ ā€œZHA integration UI options to apply OTA firmware update (OTAU) per Zigbee device?ā€ and ā€œWTH does Home Assistant's ZHA not notify about Zigbee OTA (Over-The-Air) "update availability" and give users UI options to apply OTAU firmware updates per Zigbee device on demand?ā€

@Rudd-O Nice! However better if be willing to contribute improvements to both the ZHA integration documentation (should be short) as well as improve the zigpy wiki (which can be long) on the subject:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#ota-firmware-updates

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/wiki/OTA-Device-Firmware-Updates

Btw, know that it is relatively easy to edit zha.markdown via GitHub web interface and submit as a PR:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/blob/e1bed985aa8c81968338df3c3856b9306e3d2745/source/_integrations/zha.markdown

1 Like

Thank you, upvoted both posts!

For me, it was WIFI interference too!!!
I followed the guide. I changed my zigbee channel to 25 (WIFI is stuck at 6).
Since i did that, not a single drop in 10 days!

1 Like

Iā€™m stuck at the beginningā€¦ Can anyone give me some help? Iā€™ve created the zipgy_ota folder in the config folder, added the lines to my configuration.yaml file and now I canā€™t reboot. Also, download_file_version is timing out. Iā€™m using a sonoff zigbee stick and trying to update an Ikea Tradfri remote. Thank you!image

You have indentation issues with your configuration.yaml

All of those listed items should be indented under something else.

logger for the first two and zha for the third.

Thank you! You were correct. I have it fixed the indents but now but Iā€™m now stuck on step 2. When selecting ā€œdownloaded_file_versionā€ and clicking read attribute I donā€™t get a response back and it just times out. Any help would be appreciatedā€¦

Did you use the built in feature for ZHA? Or you updated and repaired everything manually?

I am trying to use the built-in feature

Same problem here!
4 Device not usable anymore with Hardware Switch!
Any ideas? Would flash original Firmware but canā€™t get it anywhere.
Have 2 Devices with original FW on it but no idea how to read it and flash it to the other 4 Devices with that problem.
Bought an Tuya Zigbee Gateway but it also shows the ā€œfalseā€ Device (ZN-01 now) and no new Firmware!

Small typo in the first step.

1. Create a zipgy_ota folder inside your config folder

zigpy_ota is mispelled.
I only noticed this when I attempted to change the directory via ā€œcd /config/zigpy_otaā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve a zigpy_ota, is this the correct spelling?

Yes indeed.

However, the original post made by ā€œvictorigualadaā€ has it misspelled on step 1.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out hat firmware to download.

How do I know what firmware i need?