Zha.permit Delivery Error: failed transmission request: 225

I am using a Conbee II and have it added via a zha integration.

zha:
          usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
          database_path: /home/me/.homeassistant/zigbee.db
          radio_type: deconz

I’m trying to add devices to my zigbee network, but I’m having trouble. From the docs I see I need to call the zha.permit service. When I call the service, I get this error:
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: [0xfffc:0:0x0036] failed transmission request: 225

Log Details (ERROR)
Sat Oct 12 2019 22:07:17 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
[0xfffc:0:0x0036] failed transmission request: 225
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 130, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1234, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1259, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 405, in admin_handler
    await hass.async_add_job(service_func, call)
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/api.py", line 514, in permit
    await application_controller.permit(time_s=duration, node=ieee)
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 184, in permit
    broadcast_address=t.BroadcastAddress.ALL_ROUTERS_AND_COORDINATOR,
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 255, in broadcast
    broadcast_address=broadcast_address,
  File "/home/me/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 151, in broadcast
    dst_ep, cluster, r)
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: [0xfffc:0:0x0036] failed transmission request: 225

Do I need to provide Service Data with the call? If so, how do I find the correct data? If I use “Fill Example Data”, I get a device not found error.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Install info:

arch x86_64
dev false
docker false
hassio false
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.4
version 0.99.2
virtualenv true

Lovelace

mode auto-gen

I believe this was caused by signal interference.

I had the Conbee II plugged in directly to the mainboard USB next to a Z-Wave stick. I was getting the above zha errors mixed with “couldn’t form network” errors on boot.

Today I put the Conbee II on the end of a six foot USB extension cable and zha is working now and I can add and control devices on the network. I also noticed that the Z-Wave network is less laggy and more responsive.