ZHA Philips Hue Bulbs can only be switched on/off, but not dimmed

Hey everyone,

at home I use a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge Pro with Tasmota as a Zigbee Coordinator. This works well so far, so I can control several Makre Tuya sockets via ZHA.

But I have some problems with my new Philips Hue Bulbs (G93, ST64 & A60). I can pair all bulbs succesfully but i can only change the switch state and not the dimming or color temperature.
As you can see in the image below, the options are available. But the bulbs do not respond when I change the values with the slider.

Does any body have the same problem or has any idea how to solve this?

Thank you very much for your help!

HA: 2024.2.3

ZHA device information:

LTO001
von Signify Netherlands B.V.
Firmware: 0x01001506

I think both those sliders control the start-up state of the light after a power loss - you can’t use them to control the state of the bulb while it’s in use.

Maybe they have not been paired properly and failed interview of devices, in which case make do sure not to have any sources of EMI/RMI/EMF interference close to the Zigbee Coordinator or the device then re-pair the device again, read and follow → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimizing using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get best possible range and coverage

or perhaps they need a ZHA Device Handler (also known as a quirk), though that is generally unusual for Philips Hue lighting devices, see → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#how-to-add-support-for-new-and-unsupported-devices

FYI, also check out this:

First of all, I agree that sliders here are just for configuring the start-up state. But I don’t understand why the sliders are missing from the controls. From the Philips Hue app, I can control the light bulb as expected.

@Hedda Thanks for your assistance.
I have reset and paired the bulbs several times in a distance of 20cm to 1 m, but the problem is still there.

I currently have a custom quirk for the tuya thermostat. But I can’t find a quirk for my philips hue bulbs. It seems like there are no quirks for this lamp.

In Homeassistant, I get the following device description for the light Bulb. I am not sure if this is correct.

LTO001
von Signify Netherlands B.V.
Firmware: 0x01001506

If you click on the bulb icon, do you get something like this?

:man_facepalming: I was so focused on the sliders that I didn’t try the bubls itself. Thank you so much!

1 Like