ZHA - Philips Hue Dimmer Switch (RWL020, RWL021)

I just received a new Hue Dimmer and hooked it up to ZHA. So far so good. I noticed it is recognized as RWL022. The blueprint cannot find the dimmer. Is there any chance you can update the blueprint to support RWL022 as well?
I would be very grateful!

1 Like

The RWL022 is a new device that is not yet supported by ZHA (I think).

I think you need to open a device support request here:

More info:

Thanks Stefan.
I submitted a device support request

Hi,
My RWL022 works with this blueprint, once I removed the “manufacturer” selector.
This switch is no more from “Philips”, but “Signify Netherlands B.V.” (like my Hue bulbs)

Main difference is that the top button is used for on/off (I think the bottom button “hue” is designed to trigger other actions)

3 Likes

I am a new user, and used the built-in Hue Integration to add my hub. The bulbs all work just fine. I have 4 dimmer switches (model: 324131092621) that look like they were added as devices, but the only thing that is showing up is the battery level Entity. Your blueprint is just what I was looking for to add events to the dimmers. However, when I try to pick one of my dimmers, the Device pulldown in the blueprint says, “No matching devices found”. The dimmer in the Devices configuration is checked, “Enable Device”. Is there something else needed to configure Home Assistant to recognize these dimmer devices? Thanks.

Not sure if it is exactly what you’re looking for, but I have a blueprint for this remote which can control up to 5 different sets of lights depending on number of clicks.

After resetting my remote, it seems I am now in the same boat as others and need to update my firmware, though I seem to be missing something on how to do this. I put this in Developer Tools > Service but it says failed to call service zha.issue_zigbee_cluster_command Unknown error when I try to run it.

service: zha.issue_zigbee_cluster_command
data:
  ieee: '00:17:88:01:02:d6:70:6b'
  endpoint_id: 11
  cluster_id: 25
  cluster_type: out
  command: 0
  command_type: client
  args:

Can @term or anyeone else here who has updated their firmware tell me what I am doing wrong as I’d sure like to be able to use this again.

Edit 1

As a quick follow up, here is the log info for the “unknown” error:

2021-05-31 14:29:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: 11
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 366, in _async_step
    await getattr(self, handler)()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 566, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1481, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1516, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 728, in admin_handler
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/api.py", line 1057, in issue_zigbee_cluster_command
    response = await zha_device.issue_cluster_command(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 604, in issue_cluster_command
    cluster = self.async_get_cluster(endpoint_id, cluster_id, cluster_type)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 530, in async_get_cluster
    return clusters[endpoint_id][cluster_type][cluster_id]
KeyError: 11

Edit 2

According to Upgrading Hue dimmer with ZHA OTA - #32 by TheJulianJES, this is resolved by changing the endpoint to 2. I have tried that and the update service fires but I don’t see anything in the logs about the OTA and the remote is currently still the same as when I started today.

Did you press some buttons on the remote shortly after sending the command? Also, turn on ZHA debug logs and monitor the logs.

I did press buttons but it didn’t seem to change anything. Can you elaborate on which thing I should turn on debug for? Zigbee Home Automation - Home Assistant lists a ton of things but I’d like to be a little more targeted if possible because of the volume of logs. Thanks!

Hi,
It works great but is there maybe a possibility to add a custom action when i double press or long press on the power on or off buttons or something? I know i could do it with just an automation but that will and switch the light and run my automation. On a double press i only need to trigger my thing and not the blueprint automation.

Hi ALl,

Does anyone have a solution for the up and down buttons to control only lights that are on in a certain area?

Example:
Living Room:

• Lamp
  • Light Strip
  • Wall Light

Scene:

• Only Wall Light is on at 20% brightness

I would like to be able to control this one light when only it is active but all lights in the room if the are in an on state ?

Hi.

Just got this one connected (RWL022), and discovered it to not be working with this bp. :persevere:

Did you get a solution for this remote?
I will admit to not going through all the bp’s for hue remotes, but I’m using this bp for the old remotes, and love the setup, and the one I found does’nt have the same functions.
Was it possible to get the RWL022 added to this bp, without having to edit it?

Regards

Crank

I have 1 RWL021 and 2 RWL022, and finally used automations to configure them (easier for me to tweak the behaviour, directly from the UI).
Automation works quite well.
I configured each button to control both sides of the room (4 spots each):

• top button for room side 1 (simple press to switch on/off, with previous intensity preserved. Double press to turn on to 100%)
  • bottom button for room side 2 (same behaviour)
  • middle buttons to increase/decrease intensity (simple click for side 1, double click for side 2)

Any idea why the logbook is getting spammed with the automation created by this blueprint?

Hi,

I’m facing the same issue, seemingly with a very similar package payload. See below:

I have made sure my dimmer switch is at the latest SW using the Hue Bridge (1.1.28573), so I do not quite understand why my switch is sending this payload.
I see that the endpoint_id is not correct, but removing that condition in the blueprint does not help. Anybody knows what I’m doing wrong here?

I also managed to solve this, be it by adapting the blueprint for my own needs.
The first step forward was the updated script by @stefanroelofs . This script used names instead of cluster_id’s and endpoint_id’s.

However, this only solved half of my problem. I am used to the Hue app, which in my case assigns a scene to each button press (including the first button press). I don’t care how the lights were before they went out, when the button is pressed once I want a predictable light pattern regardless of the previous state.
So, I opened up Notepad++ and edited the code to do exactly that.

It can be found here:

Cheers!

Jesper

Since 2022.4.x I’m experiencing problems with this blueprint where the OFF and dim buttons are not working anymore.
Is it my side or are more people experiencing this?

I am also experiencing the same issues. I think looking into it, it is not receiving the same parameters any longer.

1 Like

It looks like it is something to do with some of the args on the blueprint. The args before for a step down was

- '{{ args == [1, 56, 9] }}'

after the update it looks to be

- '{{ args == [<StepMode.Down: 1>, 56, 9] }}'

I tried updating the file but it is an error, my guess it that it is unable to parse the value. I am not sure how to get a value that will work.

I managed to make my off button work by removing the args from the off with effect path, obviously this will have some ramifications, but it will get the basics working for now.

- conditions:
    - '{{ command == ''off_with_effect'' }}'
    - '{{ cluster_id == 6 }}'
    - '{{ endpoint_id == 1 }}'
    sequence:
    - service: light.turn_off
      target: !input 'light'
      data:
        transition: 1

Help appreciated.

Hi, same problem for me on two remotes, for off the on button gets triggered, here event data:

event_type: zha_event
    data:
      endpoint_id: 2
      cluster_id: 64512
      command: off_press
      args:
        button: 'off'
        press_type: press
        command_id: 0
        args:
      params: {}

might be related to this: ZHA ikea tradfri button up/down buttons service calls are not recognized anymore · Issue #69375 · home-assistant/core · GitHub