ZHA sees Zigbee outlet, but no connection in map?

We have a electronically operated gate for our driveway, which is about 30-40 meters away from our house. I want to have a sensor on it to know when it’s open or closed.

I bought a SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus and a SONOFF SNZB-04 ZigBee Wireless Door And Window Sensor. I added the ZHA integration to HA, connected and installed the dongle, and added the sensor. I can see the sensor and its state (open/closed) in HA no problem. Now the challenge is the distance. When I get close to the gate, the sensor loses its connectivity with the dongle.

So I bought the AEOTEC Zigbee Range Extender Zi Zigbee Repeater. I added it to ZHA and can see it. When I put the AEOTEC in an outlet in the yard, it can bridge the distance to the house and to the gate, and things work.The network shows sensor → extender → dongle. However, 1) it’s not rated for outside and it’s near sprinklers, so not a good combo probably, 2) it takes up an outlet that I’d like to be able to use for other things, and 3) I currently have the SONOFF dongle close to the side of the house where the yard is. But I will move the dongle further into the house to the cabinet where I have my networking equipment etc, and I’m expecting that will be too much for the dongle and extender.

So, I bought Lidl’s SILVERCREST® outside Zigbee outlet adapter, figuring I’d put that one outside in the yard instead, and the AEOTEC in an outlet by/in the house on the yard side. That way I keep a usable outlet in the yard, and I can get plenty of coverage everywhere even with the dongle in the cabinet in the house. I was able to add the Silvercrest outlet to ZHA no problem and can see it in the map. I can turn the outlet on/off with the switch control that shows up in HA. So it’s communicating. However, I do not see any lines between it and any of the other Zigbee devices in the ZHA network map:

I tried resetting in various locations and orders, but it just stays the same. The sensor for the gate will keep connecting back to the extender instead of to the outlet, even when I reset things, added the outlet, then added the sensor while it was next to the outlet and at least 20 meters away from the extender and dongle.

My questions: Why do I see the outlet in ZHA, but no lines? Why won’t the sensor connect to the outlet? Am I missing something?

if it is working, don’t worry about the map. I have some devices that work perfectly, but show no lines. I don’t worry about it.

1 Like

This. If it’s working do not look at the map. It will make you chase your tail.

Alright, I’ll not worry about it then :slight_smile: Thanks!