ZHA - Tuya 4-button Scene Switch (TS0044)

The device TS0044 is working very well!
But i see that there is a delay of 1-2 seconds until the action happens.

I compared this device with a Ikea Tradfri button, and with the ikea button the action is instant.

How can i fix the delay?

I know this is an old post but, as it’s near the top of the thread, I’ll post a reply for anyone else that reads this thread in the future (or if you’re still having the issue). Deleting the 4 button switch from your Zigbee integration and then reconnecting it (reset the switch (hold any of the buttons until all lights start flashing) and set the Zigbee Integration to search for new devices), should make the blueprint work for you. I had a similar issue and it worked after resetting the switch.

However, it’s worth noting (I had this issue too) that there are a number of different versions of this blueprint because of the amount of different versions of this device that are out there (they’re all Tuya TS0044 devices but released under different manufacturers), so it’s definitely a good idea to also confirm you have the correct blueprint for your device, and if not, doing a search on here for the exact version for your device (*you can also modify any of the blueprints to fit your device by opening the corresponding blueprint yaml file and changing the model number (the second half of the model number tends to be the difference) and potentially the integration that the blueprint should use (there are a number of different integrations that can be used to connect Zigbee devices to HA due to the amount of manufacturers that use the format and the number of hubs and dongles that are out there, although the Zigbee Home Automation integration (displayed as “zha” within yaml) is probably the most widely used)).

**Another note
Some of the blueprints on this page show the wrong button placement description (as an example, button 1 described as “lower-right”). This was the case for the version I needed to use for my device. Obviously this isn’t a deal breaker if you know where button 1 really is but isn’t ideal. However, it is easily fixed by changing the button description in the blueprint yaml.

I know this may have been mentioned before, but the button placement descriptions don’t seem to be correct, at least compared to my ZHA Tuya TS0044. For example button 1 being described as the lower-left button whereas it is the upper-left button on my device.

However, for anyone else having this issue, it doesn’t effect how the blueprint works, it might just confuse you for a minute or two, I know it did with me lol. It can make you think the switch and automation aren’t working when really you’re pressing button 3 instead of 1. This isn’t a deal breaker when it comes to using this blueprint as it works but it obviously isn’t ideal either. It is however easy to change it by opening the corresponding blueprint yaml file (located in the config\blueprints\automation\stringer folder of your Home Assistant hard drive) and changing the descriptions for each button’s single/double/long click actions to match the button placement of your device. Only the change the descriptions though, everything else is correct (for this device manufacturer/dongle combo).

Hello Expert.

I got the following error: Message malformed: Missing input tuya_4button_scene_switch

Can someone help?

Hi All,

Managed to resolve the issue.

Blueprint is good.

Sorry to post on an old thread. I just got this switch and added to home assistant ZHA. But this doesn’t show up under the blueprint. Anyone faced similar issue and resolved?

I was able to resolve my issue by updating the below line in the blueprint.

manufacturer: _TZ3000_wkai4ga5
1 Like

Has anyone getting native groups to work ? E.g., binding this switch to a groupid other than 0, and then sending group messages ?

[disclosure, my switch is a MOES switch reporting at this TUYA switch, maybe it has a different or broken firmware. Manufacturer ID is _TZ3000_wkai4ga5]

This would allow to switch groups even if the coordinator is offline.

I know I can get this to work with deconz/phoscon app, but I would prefer a native way.

If it’s not possible, can someone recommend a scene switch that DOES work natively with zigbee groups ?

Many thanks, and happy 2024!

This blueprint finally worked for me

Hi all,

I’m looking at this post because I have bought two Moes 4-gang switches via Ali Express. In the Tuya IOT cloud enviroment I see Tuya has identified it with this ZC-YED 曛锼ćœșæ™ŻćŒ€ć…łïŒˆæ— é„æŽ§ćŠŸèƒœ. I would like to configure and setup automations within Home Assistant without using ZHA. I already have a Silvercrest Zigbee Gateway. Is there a way to set this 4-gang switch without ZHA?

Br,

Stevan