Zha with elelabs shield stop working

Hi,

I’m using elelabs zigbee shield, connected to that I have 3 sengled bulbs and a xiaomi motion sensor, everything works for a few hours and then I start loosing control of the devices… most of the time the motion sensor is offline, and bulbs come and go, sometime I can control it, sometimes don’t… If I restart hassio and re-join the devices it start working again but, again… few hours, or a day at most and I start loosing control of the devices…
How I can debug this? is elelabs shield a bad solution to use with hassio?
Maybe related to these?
- https://github.com/zigpy/bellows/issues/124
- ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

thanks,

I have the same issues with Elelabs USB device and the Xiaomi Motion Sensors / Temperature and Humidity Sensors.
Since I only run Xiaomi device I went back to Xiaomi Gateway which does not have these issues.

I know that doesn’t help you but at least you know that the issue is not on your side.

and now I’m getting this error on restarts:

2019-02-13 01:00:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry /dev/ttyS0 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 258, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 140, in async_setup_entry
application_controller = ControllerApplication(radio, database)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py”, line 21, in init
super().init(database_file=database_file)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 25, in init
self._dblistener.load()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/appdb.py”, line 214, in load
dev = self._application.get_device(ieee)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 116, in get_device
return self.devices[ieee]
KeyError: 00:15:8d:00:02:4e:e5:02

I observed this as well. The key error is the IEEE ID of a ZHA device. I could resolve it by deleting the related entries from the flies in the .storage directory. This will make the device unknown to HA after restarting and you could try to pair again.

Thanks, in my case deleting files in .storage wasn’t enough, I needed to edit zigbee.db and delete record referring that ieee id.

Right, now that you tell it I remember I deleted the zigbee.db as well. :sweat_smile:

I probably found the culprit. In the last days my zigbee networks was almost unusable, it starts fine and some minutes later everything start getting unresponsive, so today I tried again, remove everything, zigbee.db and devices on .storage, after that:

• I added my sengled lights, everything is stable
  • then aqara door sensor, stable
  • aqara temperature sensor, stable
  • aqara cube, isn’t working, its detected as “None None” but the the other devices are still online
  • aqara motion sensor, this seems to be the more problematic, right now I can’t make it join the network, but every time that I make it join, everything starts working really unstable and goes offline…

should I report this issues? where?

Finally broken, I updated to 0.89 expecting some improvements, but is worst than ever, all my sengled lights are unavailable. Ideas?

Unfortunately it’s broken.
have the github issue here
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/21422
There is a solution on it’s way but it will be available in 0.90

The lights tend to be available for 2 hours and then go to “unavailable” until you power them off and on again

Now I’m using https://github.com/dmulcahey/home-assistant.git branch dm/zha-zll-fixes on 0.89.2, only an small patch is needed to get it working and seems to be pretty stable…