ZHA with ZBdongle-E: No events from Ikea Shortcut button and Aqara WRS-H1

Hi,
I recently migrated my Zigbee Network from DECONZ with conbee2 to ZHA using a Sonoff ZBdongle-E.
The majority of devices work well, but I have major issues with my Arara Wireless Remote Switch H1 and my Ikea shortcut buttons.
Both of the devices successfully pair with the stick, but do not fire any events on button presses, although both devices are reported working on zigbee.blakadder.com.
Is that an issue related to the ZBdongle-E? Would these devices work using the conbee2 or ZBdongle-P with ZHA?

Thanks Dirk

This might be related to your issue, I have running a Sonoff ZBdongle-E for about 2 mounths now and had a weird problem with IKEA remotes/ motion sensors… I started to running Zigbee2MQTT and all went well for the first month, as I am a sucker for punishment I decided to try out ZHA as it is intergrated into HA. All went well with the config and everything worked ok (the only thing i didnt like about the ZHA is its naming convention of devices…I only found out later that you can change them all manually)…anyway the next day none of my IKEA remotes or motion sensors worked after hours and hours of troubleshooting I found that they had ALL drained there batteries within a day… the day before all the batteries where about 80% and a day later they all had less then 1volt charge. Did some troubleshooting and found that it was a problem with the way IKEA has implemended the zigbee standard and ZHA had set the remotes to update status or something that put the IKEA remotes that are passive, into a high current draw state and they didnt go back into deep sleep… I was a little drastic in my remediation and went back to Zigbee2MQTT and repaired everything, since then have had zero problems with remotes and battery draw. I know there is a setting in ZHA to set reporting time.

This was a very long-winded way of saying chech the battery first.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I tried changing the Battery already - at least in the Ikea Shortcut Button. Unfortunately that did not change anything.

Thanks Dirk

If do not fire any events at all then a common issue is bad reception due to interference, also note that battery-operated devices usually only communicate with the Zigbee Router they was paired closest to.

There are sometimes also issues with devices only getting partially paired so try re-pairing them again.

Anyway, note that Zigbee has poor range/penetration/reception + are very sensitive to interference so be sure to follow this which applies for all Zigbee Coordinator USB adapters regardless of Zigbee implementation (including Zigbee2MQTT and the ZHA integration) → Create new page · zigpy/zigpy Wiki · GitHub

Especially follow tip on using a USB 2.0 port or USB 2.0 hub and a long shielded USB extension cable.

If you are feeling brave then also consider upgrading to the latest unofficial 7.1.x community firmware builds on the ZBDongle-E to help them with testing the updated EZSP v9 interface with Zigbee2MQTT.