ZHA with Zigate USB and Tradfri lights (RGB)

Dear all,

Since a couple of weeks I am moving from Domoticz to HASS on a new RPi4 8GB with the following connected hardware:

• Power P1 meter usb;
  • RFXcom XL;
  • Aeotec Zwave Gen5 (not the zwave+ version);
  • Zigate USB firmware 3.1d;

Hass versions are:

• Supervisor 2020.11.0;
  • HassOS 4.17;
  • Home assistant 0.118.0;

Zwave is running nicely with the Zwave integration with PIRs, smokesensors, etc.
RFXcom is coming along and reprogramming of the MCS (D206) is ongoing.

But the Zigate is being a darn hard nut to crack.
The USB dongle is connected through the ZHA integration.
I am using the Tradfri white light bulbs (white temps), RGB light bulbs, GU10 spots and the Leptiter spots.
All are ‘detected’ and connected and from the dashboard I can control the RGB, color temp, brightness, etc.

With automation, scripts and services I am able to switch on/off and set the brightness.

But now comes the hard part, with ZHA I cannot automate, script or service the calls for RGB or color temp control. I have tried different services, scripts, etc and the ‘UI’ automation does not accept any reference to the ‘rgb_color’ data entry when I switch parts to yaml code. Neither does it work when I create full yaml automation scripts.

Besides I am also struggling with the zigbee device groups because these are not recognized as ‘lights’ and I cannot switch a group of Tradfri lights with it (this is not my main focus at this moment).

Did someone experience the same case as I am facing now with the ‘Tradfri - zigate - ZHA’ combination? I have tried the Doudz zigate custom_component too, but by using this option I was not able to call the lights directly from the UI automations.

I want to dive into the code, but for now this is too new and I have no clue where to start to make this work.

Does anyone have any lead where to start?

Thanks in advance!