ZHA with zigbee devices

I’m running HA supervised in a docker environment. Everything works well and I like the integration with node-red.

I use a Tasmota Sonoff ZBbridge which I can configure in 2 modes: ZHABridge or ZBBridge.
MQTT is working in both modes.

If I select the ZHAbridge mode, my devices show up in HA and are logged and can most can be used out of the box. Very handy.
Due to challenges with my sonoff mini zigbee devices (switches), I decided to see if ZZBBridge mode is a better choice. After some hick-ups, everything shows up in the Tasmote Sonoff ZBbridge mode and I can access/control these via MQTT, but… I lost the intergration with HA.

I don’t see the battery levels in HA anymore, and logging is not possible anymore. As soon as I reverse ZBbridge to ZHAbridge, everything is restored.

I don’t have a working zigbee2mqtt setup at the moment. My goal is to have the zigbee devices integrated and working in Home Assistant (as I see in ZHABridge mode), but also want to easily control the Sonoff Zigbee minis to switch lights (I use node-red for my flows).

What do I need to setup to make this happen in ZHA Bridge (or ZBbridge) ?

If you want to use Zigbee2Tasmota, you need to setup a mqtt broker, and the mqtt integration in Home Assistant. Then configure your switches in .yaml

Can you confirm that I need Zigbee@Tasmota to make it work ? I can control my zigbee mini currently in HA but this is by a mouse click. See arrow. In my assumption this proofs a correct setup in HA

If you can control it there,it should work with switch.turn_on / switch.turn_off too.

Can you provide a screenshot of a node-red setup (or export .json)? Apparently I’ve missed something ;-).

The configuration of the sensor/switches are not the problem. I used the output to steer a tasmota switch. But my zigbee mini setup is a mistery for me at the moment.

I only use .yaml for automations.