ZHA Xiaomi Aqara Vibration Sensor Settings

To be clear, the only options are 1,11,21 ? and the scale is like this:

1 - very sensitive
11 - medium
21 - not sensitive

I’ve got this on a dog food lid that I want to only trigger when someone opens is (its firm so tons of movement). However it is going off when people walk by.

I used ZHA to apply the config. Any suggestions?

it sends a tilt event as well you could use that instead of the vibration. sort like in this thread… Automation based on args

That worked great, thank you

- id: '16b5d19617a411ebadc10242ac120002'
  alias: Dogs fed dinner
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zha_event
    event_data:
      device_ieee: '00:15:8d:00:02:b1:22:5a'
      command: 'Tilt'
  condition:
    - condition: time
      after: '15:01:00'
      before: '22:00:00'
    - condition: state
      entity_id: input_select.dogs_fed
      state: "No"
  action:
    - service: input_select.select_option
      data:
        entity_id: input_select.dogs_fed
        option: "Yes"
1 Like

Why does everyone use a vibration sensor to see if the washing machine is ready. Just buy a aqara t1 switch and put it in the wall socket. This device measures power. just watch the idle power consumption of the washingmachine and the power consumption when active and build an automation around that. This is 100% more accurate and this device (because it has no battery) never goes to sleep and even acts as a zigbee bridge. Im gonna put a T1 in every socket in my house to monitor power and being able to shut off devices. I have one combines with the aqara humidity sensor in my bathroom to activate the fan when moisture levels are above a certain percentage and it works perfect

1 Like

For me, I’m using it to see if my Dryer is done. I have a Samsung washer that sends notifications when its done, but still using an old school dryer. I haven’t found any smart outlets that are compatible with the larger outlets that dryers in the US use.

1 Like

I am trying to use the vibration sensors on my washer and dryer so I will receive an alert at the begining and end of a wash/drying cycle. The 2 sensors are integrated with HA via a Conbee II USB key on a Pi but they are not detecting the vibrations of my machines for some reason. I dont now if thier sensitivity can be modified. They do respond if they are tapped a few times.
Has anyone seen this before?

@frank1 post 3-16 in this thread refer to setting the sensitivity of the sensor.

I had to change the sensitivity of my Aqara vibration sensor to higher value, because it was triggering false couple times in a day.

But when try to change the sensitivity I get not executed error in my logs, anyone else experiencing this problem?

I am running Hass.io on a NUC with 2020.12.2, I am not sure if it did worked with older versions in my setup since I did not try to change it before.

This is the error I get in my logs:

Logger: homeassistant.core
Source: components/zha/core/device.py:558
First occurred: 3:08:55 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:08:55

Error executing service: <ServiceCall zha.set_zigbee_cluster_attribute (c:b80c890d63cb41a438ae54236e4dx05d): ieee=00:11:22:33:44:55:66:77, endpoint_id=1, cluster_id=0, cluster_type=in, attribute=65293, value=21, manufacturer=4447>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1461, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1480, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 663, in admin_handler
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/api.py", line 909, in set_zigbee_cluster_attributes
    response = await zha_device.write_zigbee_attribute(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 558, in write_zigbee_attribute
    response = await cluster.write_attributes(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 352, in write_attributes
    result = await self._write_attributes(args, manufacturer=manufacturer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 213, in request
    result = await asyncio.wait_for(req.result, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/tasks.py", line 498, in wait_for
    raise exceptions.TimeoutError()
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I want to decrease the sensitivity setting the value to 11. I try to follow the @PrairieSnpr steps, but when I click the button ‘set zigbee attribute’ I get the error:
Error al llamar al servicio zha/set_zigbee_cluster_attribute.
Can anyone help me to resolve it?
This is the log:

2021-01-13 18:26:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [2762429176] 
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 1235, in _send_request
    response = await self._znp.request_callback_rsp(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py", line 557, in request_callback_rsp
    return await callback_rsp
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1451, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1486, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 569, in admin_handler
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/api.py", line 909, in set_zigbee_cluster_attributes
    response = await zha_device.write_zigbee_attribute(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 556, in write_zigbee_attribute
    response = await cluster.write_attributes(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 352, in write_attributes
    result = await self._write_attributes(args, manufacturer=manufacturer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 179, in request
    result, msg = await self._application.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 580, in request
    return await self._send_request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 1235, in _send_request
    response = await self._znp.request_callback_rsp(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 55, in __aexit__
    self._do_exit(exc_type)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 92, in _do_exit
    raise asyncio.TimeoutError
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError 

I think I may finally have to go with clamp sensors and some kind of meter device. Because of other stuff that has to be plugged in and some stupid shaped plug design, there isn’t room to fit a smart plug of any type without introducing other headaches on the washer, but I could probably use a heavy extension cord to fix that.

The dryer is the one I find more annoying since its 240V/30A there aren’t any “plugs” that fit the dryer cords (and there are multiple designs depending when the house was built).

The stick-on-sensor option is fast and easy and can be put out of the way so it eliminates all the other complexities…at the cost of some reliability. I’ve also heard some claim that some smart-plugs may be overloaded by the current drawn by these larger appliances - I’m guessing some may dip up over 15A on spin cycle with motor startup surge current (ours has a 20A circuit just for the laundry room by itself)

do anyone of you actually use the coordinate of the tilt and orientation? If yes, any thought on how the translate into real life (vertical, tilted horizontal) or what ever else they could indicate? I cant seem to find a manual stating any of these values. I am not on ZHA yet, using the deCONZ which has no way of setting the device at all, but figure the numbers would be the same anyway?
thanks

how did u find the options to do so? i couldnt find VibrationBasicCluster also

you have to go into manage clusters:

then in the first drop down pick list you can find the cluster for doing ths.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch! i d nvr figure this out myself lol. Anyway, does adjusting the sensitivity work for you?

it did way back when I did it, but I haven’t played with it recently.

Has anyone tried using the Aqara vibration sensor for detecting strong winds causing vibrations in something similar to this?

I use this to report if my mailbox door is open or closed (kinda vertical vs. kinda horizontal):

- platform: template
  sensors:
    mailbox_doordir:
      friendly_name: Mailbox door
      value_template: >-
       {% set doordir = states.binary_sensor.mailbox_vibration_sensor.attributes.tiltangle %}
       {% if doordir | float <= 45 %}Closed
       {% elif doordir | float > 45 %}Open
       {%- endif %}
      entity_id: binary_sensor.mailbox_vibration_sensor

This assumes the sensor is mounted vertically with the little reset button on the top.

1 Like

Is there anyway to set sensitivity through deCONZ?

From the “Services tab” under “Developer Tools”, pick the service named “deCONZ: Configure”.

service: deconz.configure
data:
  entity: binary_sensor.vibration      <- name of your sensor
  field: "/config"
  data:  {"sensitivity": 11}         <-  1 = high, 11 = medium, 21 = low

You don’t need the bridgeid parameter if you’ve only got one instance of deCONZ.

1 Like

Is anyone actually getting the Tilt sensor to work via ZHA? Or still only zigbee2mqtt?

When I add this device via ZHA, I only get entities for Battery and Vibration.