ZHA Zigbee Groups

Looking in the ZHA Configuration panel, it looks like there might be support for device grouping (i.e. I have 4 zigbee bulbs that I would like to control as ONE unit). I know I can use light.group, but, this actually treats each bulb independently in Home Assistant, which means, when they turn on, if you watch, each bulb comes on one at a time, not all together at the same time.

Does anyone know how to work the group functionality from the ZHA panel? I can’t seem to find any docs and smashing buttons is getting me no where.

Did you ever have any luck? I have the same questions.

I have 5 bulbs in a group and when I turn them on or off, they sort of randomly turn on and sometimes one will be greatly delayed or fail to change.

No luck at all. I imagine it has to do with ZHAs implementation. I use Zigbee2MQTT for any light groups I need as it supports grouping quite well.

Bumping this thread as this is something I’m interesting in as well. @dmulcahey, is this on the ZHA roadmap by chance?

same issue here…

Seems like this is partly fixed in the 0.100 version.
The lights now turn ON synchronized, but when turing OFF the lightgroup, there is still some delay between each light. (The lights are turned OFF one by one)