ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Just upgraded to 0.64.1, issues with my Centralite door/motion sensors & zha have disappeared. Yay!

Just upgraded HassIO to .64.1 and ZHA works again, but it did rename about 15 Visonic and Centralight sensors. Luckily it just added _1280 to the end of each name so it was a fairly easy fix.

I am also getting this error, but it doesnā€™t appear to be doing anything bad (or I havenā€™t noticed yet).

2018-02-28 07:47:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 182, in _step
    result = coro.throw(exc)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 248, in request
    v = yield from send_fut
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 332, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 250, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED
2018-02-28 07:47:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of zwave is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-02-28 07:49:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 182, in _step
    result = coro.throw(exc)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 248, in request
    v = yield from send_fut
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 332, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 250, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

I have had those ember status messages on reboot for a very long time lol

There is a new zha.remove service added in 0.64. You do need the ieee_address of the device, but itā€™s on a sticker on every Zigebe device I have. So my issue is finding a magnifying glass and not the number!

@dmulcahey Just reporting back that the remaining 2 Centralite motion sensors I was having issues connecting, are now working as expected in 0.64.1.

I did have a question about the other changes you made to expose the battery life of these devices?
Are these changes going to be merged into the main build of HASS or is it something custom I will need to do myself?

1 Like

@Bill_Surowiecki you can watch it here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/12515 (or you can pull it into your local if you donā€™t want to wait)

1 Like

@dmulcahey,

Coming up on 40 hrs under 0.64.1 and so far ZHA is still connected and working properly. I am hopeful this continues. I also noticed that the ā€œunexpected message send notificationā€ seem to have disappeared.

Does anyone know if the Bosch motion sensors have been added and working yet?

Is anyone else missing all your centralite motion sensors after upgrading past 0.62.1?

I have a mix of iris gen 2 and osram/slyvania/lightify motion sensors along with a bunch of sengled blubs. After an upgrade, the blubs remain and the motion sensors disappear from HA. Iā€™ve turned on debugging but no errors.

Iā€™m fine staying at 0.62.1 for now as zha has been rock stable. Just wondering.

@rcloran (because bellows + progress with remotes)+ @dmulcahey (because youā€™ve been playing with sensors)

Wanted to share some info I found on the deCONZ REST GitHub regarding the use of Lutron Connected Bulb Remotes: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/commit/ca381006cdd85987d4f8cf43b34e0a489429ab17

+static const Sensor::ButtonMap lutronLZL4BWHLSwitchMap[] = {
+//    mode                          ep    cluster cmd   param button                                       name
+//  vendor specific
+    // top button
+    { Sensor::ModeDimmer,           0x01, 0x0008, 0x04, 0xfe,  S_BUTTON_1 + S_BUTTON_ACTION_SHORT_RELEASED, "on" },
+    // second button
+    { Sensor::ModeDimmer,           0x01, 0x0008, 0x06, 0x00,  S_BUTTON_2 + S_BUTTON_ACTION_HOLD,           "dimm up" },
+    { Sensor::ModeDimmer,           0x01, 0x0008, 0x03, 0x00,  S_BUTTON_2 + S_BUTTON_ACTION_LONG_RELEASED,  "dimm up release" },
+    // third button
+    { Sensor::ModeDimmer,           0x01, 0x0008, 0x02, 0x01,  S_BUTTON_3 + S_BUTTON_ACTION_HOLD,           "dimm down" },
+    { Sensor::ModeDimmer,           0x01, 0x0008, 0x03, 0x01,  S_BUTTON_3 + S_BUTTON_ACTION_LONG_RELEASED,  "dimm down release" },
+    // bottom button
+    { Sensor::ModeDimmer,           0x01, 0x0008, 0x04, 0x00,  S_BUTTON_4 + S_BUTTON_ACTION_SHORT_RELEASED,  "off" },
+
+    // end
+    { Sensor::ModeNone,             0x00, 0x0000, 0x00, 0,    0,                                           0 }
+};

It was referenced here: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/232

@manup there mentioned "For the events we'll create a binding from 0x0008 level control cluster to a newly created device group, so the remote will also work when the gateway is offline."

Not sure if this would help, as Iā€™ve seen yaā€™ll are making a ton of progress in #12528

@dmulcahey I just tried your zha update for additional centralite reports, and some feedback. I have numerous centralite devices from my move from smartthings.

{MACADDRESS}-1-2820
Iris Smart Plug (x2) - Works
SmartPower Outlet (x2) - Works

These do not work. I get new sensors, but they never report anything.
{MACADDRESS}-1-1
{MACADDRESS}-2-1
SmartSense Multi Sensor (x2)
SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor (x1) Not currently setup
SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor 3300s (x2)
SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor 3321s (x1)
SmartSense Motion Sensor 3305s (x5)
SmartSense Motion Sensor motionv4 (x3)
SmartSense Motion Sensor 3325s (x1)

So as you can see, i get power, but no battery status.

@Bigrob8181 They may not populate immediately. I can look to see if I can improve thatā€¦ I have many sensors from the 33XX line and theyā€™re all reporting. Doesnā€™t mean that there isnā€™t an issueā€¦ do you have any logs? If not, can you run for a few hours with logging on?

@dmulcahey I havenā€™t checked any logs. Spent the time just getting the naming to match what it was. I will let it run for a while and report back.

On another note, I initially tried dropping the changed code in the custom components folder and didnā€™t work. Only worked once I changed the installed files in the home assistant folder. Any idea if that should have worked? I hate modifying the code as I use a docker and It will not persist with the version bumps.

I think you need to move every file for the component to custom componentsā€¦ not just the changed ones but Iā€™m not positive.

1 Like

@dmulcahey Unfortunately i am not getting any new data for the sensors that show unknown. The only thing else to add is im on 0.64.3 and ONLY included the 2 changed files into the appropriate dirs.

This is all i see in the logs, which is not helpful because all it is is the setup for the sensors:
https://gitlab.landry.me/Home-Assistant/home-assistant-config/snippets/1

Let me know if you need anything else. The battery level for the zha devices is the last thing i need to make the transition from smartthings complete.

right there with you (along with energy readings), hopefully it will get merged soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@dmulcahey I did not have any luck on the 0.64.3 tag, so I installed the dev branch, and some values seem to be populating. I searched for a while to see what changed between the two to see if I could get it to work on 0.64.3 to no avail. I will report back once I have more values.

I canā€™t add any more zigbee devices. Iā€™m trying to add just Sengled Element bulbs. Everything was working good until now.

How many devices you have paired?

7 currently

I was just able to add an 8th device, but not 9th. I am going to delete my db the readd everything tonight. Iā€™m using the default bellows and ZHA now.