ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Lutron Connect Remote–Failed, and incomplete config hangs HASS. Had to remark out ZHA in order to get it to run.

Yes, I tried the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote myself, with similar results. The author of the component says that remotes/buttons aren’t supported yet but that he hopes they will be.

1 Like

Iris Button 3460-L - Failed, only shows Temperature.

BTW, does anybody know how to remove a device from HASS?

The dev says he is looking at a way to allow renaming. In the meantime I installed a sqlite browser on my desktop, shutdown HASS, copied the zigbee.db file and opened in the sqlite app and edited the attributes directly then saved and reuploaded to the HASS location and started HASS back up. Seems to work fine, but probably not the safest/best way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used customize to rename them in the UI.

1 Like

Makes sense, as it’s an SQ database file used to store the Zigbee config…thanks

@wixoff, thanks for the update–sure hope the Dev can get those Lutron CBR working. I have 5 that I got for $7 each. Work with Wink, but a bit awkward to configure. Nevertheless, mounted on switch box, you get 4 buttons that can trigger anything–pretty sweet :slight_smile:

Guess I’ll have to dive in customize now

You can trash the whole database file but you’ll loose any other zigbee devices that you have paired, otherwise yo can edit that SQL file (zigbee.db) with something like @lordsiris sugguested.

I did that as well, but wanted cleaner/shorter/useful names for the devices to be used in automations.

1 Like

So interesting enough, with Cree Connect bulbs, they show up in HASS even before a restart (after pairing). Then after restart, they get renamed to Cree Connected A-19 60W Equivalent , I guess so kind of further detection get the name from the device… It actually adds a second record to the DB, under Attributes. If I rename the value field, it lets allows me to change the name within HASS (shutdown HASS etc. as explained by @lordsiris

The Lutron Connect bulb remote is great for resetting bulbs, BTW, when testing etc., bottom and second button, hold close to lights, wait for the light to blink and the bulb it reset :slight_smile:

i spent the past few days migrating my Zigbee devices from ST to Hass (using Zha component)

after many trials i managed to to get 13 devices up and running successfully, but suddenly i cannot include more devices event from the same types i managed to add before, the log as below

2017-06-02 01:32:45 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha] Permitting joins for 60s
2017-06-02 01:32:45 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.ezsp] Send command permitJoining
2017-06-02 01:32:45 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Sending: b’\x00R!\x8ah!T~’
2017-06-02 01:32:45 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Data frame: b’\x01R\xa1\x8aTG\x80~’
2017-06-02 01:32:45 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Sending: b’\x81`Y~’
2017-06-02 01:32:45 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.ezsp] Application frame 34 (permitJoining) received
2017-06-02 01:32:45 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=1978375536-1>
2017-06-02 01:32:48 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Data frame: b’\x11R\xb1\xedT.\x14\xabY\x95Ke\xabU\x92\xaac\xf30w\x121k\x8a\xef\xc7cV>^?\xb7\xb8\xcd\xcf\x0cJ~’
2017-06-02 01:32:48 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Sending: b’\x82P:~’
2017-06-02 01:32:48 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.ezsp] Application frame 69 (incomingMessageHandler) received
2017-06-02 01:32:48 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.zcl] Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
2017-06-02 01:32:48 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.endpoint] [0xdc17:1] Message on unknown cluster 0x0019
2017-06-02 01:32:51 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Data frame: b’!R\xb1\xedT.\x14\xabY\x95Ke\xabU\x92\xadc\xf30w\x121k\x8a\xee\xc7cV>^?\xb7\xb8\xcd\xcfh\xa0~’
2017-06-02 01:32:51 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Sending: b’\x83@\x1b~’
2017-06-02 01:32:51 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.ezsp] Application frame 69 (incomingMessageHandler) received
2017-06-02 01:32:51 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.zcl] Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
2017-06-02 01:32:51 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.endpoint] [0xdc17:1] Message on unknown cluster 0x0019
2017-06-02 01:32:53 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Data frame: b’1R\xb1\xedT.\x14\xabY\x95Ke\xabU\x92\xacc\xf00w\x121k\x8a\xe9\xc7cV>^?\xb7\xb8\xcd\xcfgJ~’
2017-06-02 01:32:53 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.uart] Sending: b’\x840\xfc~’
2017-06-02 01:32:53 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.ezsp] Application frame 69 (incomingMessageHandler) received
2017-06-02 01:32:53 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.zcl] Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
2017-06-02 01:32:53 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.endpoint] [0xdc17:1] Message on unknown cluster 0x0019

any one can help with this issue ?

Can confirm the same behavior with the Bosch Motion Sensor. I have extras if a dev needs a sample to get working. This is a cheap and readily available option, I’m sure many folks picked them up for 12.50/ea a few weeks ago.

For the time being these will remain connected through my Vera, but that’s the last bit to get me moving totally to HA.

1 Like

I moved all my zigbee devices back to SmartThings and pull in the states via MQTT. Half are locally controlled and half require the cloud on SmartThings so I’m not too happy about that but its way more reliable at this point. Really happy to see that the ZHA protocol is being built and improved, but not ready for prime time yet.

On a few occasions, I randomly couldn’t get HASS to restart. No log entries, nothing. Finally commented out ZHA and it worked. Rolled back to an old database and it worked again, but quit a few days later. At one point I deleted the data base and factory reset all devices, re-added them, etc. Worked for a few days then randomly quit again. Some window sensors would say open when they were open, but then go back to closed for no reason. Works fine on Smartthings.

Again, thanks for all the effort put in to date. Not trying to discourage the devs at all. Worst part is that when it just quits on me for no reason (no new devices or anything crazy), there are no logs to show anything. It just shows the old log as if I never restarted, but nothing loads.

1 Like

Do you know if they’re still available for that price anywhere? I’d love to try to make it work.

I think some recent changes to bellows (https://github.com/rcloran/bellows/commit/4e09e6661f76efd0430f1374e0ba4da774cc35d1 specifically) may help this situation.

I’ve seen it on slick deals twice, but haven’t been looking specifically, as I already bought 8…

As an addendum to the previous issue, just looking at the zigbee.db in my installation, it doesn’t appear to update with the Bosch security sensors, but does with my Visonic Door/Window sensors. I don’t know enough about python to dive into this :frowning:

how to update bellows/zha component in my current HASS ?

I purchased 3 zigbee HA 1.2.1 bulbs from Sengled.

1. Element Classic Bulb $8.99 : This device is working correctly. I am able to turn the bulb on, off, and set the dim level.

2. Element Plus Bulb $12.59 : This device is partially working. I am able to turn the bulb on, off, and set the dim level. However, I am not able to adjust temperature range for this bulb. The color temperature range for this bulb is from 2700K to 6500K. Is this a ZHA implementation limitation with HA?

In addition, my earlier post regarding the Visonic MCT-340 E Window/Door Switch, I am not able to see the battery level and temperature. Monitoring temperature is not a big deal.

Thanks,

Mike

Centralite 3305-S Motion Sensor (SmartSense): Motion works OK. Temperature works OK. No battery indication.
These are all SmartThings devices. I had them all working as described below and then the ZHA component and ultimately HASS failed to startup with no log entries as to why. Commented out the ZHA component and HASS worked OK. Moved them back to SmartThings and communicate via MQTT for now. Here is the status when they were working on HASS.

Centralite 3300-S Open/Close (SmartSense): Open/Close and Temperature work OK. No battery.

Visonic MCT-340 E Open/Close: Open/Close works sporadically. Sometimes an open window door will revert to close for no apparent reason even though the window/door was open. Works OK with SmartThings. Temperature seems to works OK.

Centralite 3321-S Multipurpose Sensor: Open/close and temperature work OK. No battery or three axis.

Centralite 4257050-RZHAC Outlet: On/off works ok. No power sensor.

1 Like

How did you get Sercomm motion sensor to work ? I can get my Sercomm motion sensor to connect and appear as a device in HA but it does not function - remains off the entire time irrespective of motion. I know the sensor works since it pairs with Almond Router and runs scenes based on motion.