ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

+1 I don’t have anything against Pi, have a bunch in my house as HTPCs and Samba DCs, but I think MMC is way quite slow. I think any NUC even with Celeron and some cheapo SSD going to be much snappier with HASS

I had the same issues running in a docker container. Tried monitoring zha and even had home assistant restart when it noticed things not responding. Ultimately though it caused too many problems.

I switched to a venv environment on the same machine and I haven’t had any issues since. I have no idea why but I am happy with how its working now.

That’s too bad.
I wasn’t happy with Vera’s third party compatibility, and I didn’t want to run HA on a energy sucking PC, so I jumped over to the Pi3B+.
It sounds like I may just need to hook Vera back up to control zigbee (maybe zwave too) and let HA do my third-party stuff.

I did briefly look into overclocking it, but from what I have read, the 3B+ is pretty much topped out already.

Curious.
How did you automate those restarts?
Can you use specific log entries as triggers?
These are the entries I see most often.

[homeassistant.components.light] Updating zha light took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
[bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=3 command=11 args=[0, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]
[bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
[bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=107 command=1 args=[[&lt;ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=0 value=Bool.true&gt;]]

Pretty happy with my stability, using the HUSBZB-1 like most everyone. The two biggest gripes on ZHA are not being able to remove a device without editing the database and not seeing battery levels, with those two I would be good.

I’m on a Windows Server, using VirtualBox running Ubuntu, using container for HA.

My other issue and I saw some having it on other forums, is after a restart, my HUSBZB-1 shows up unknown and when VirtualBox auto starts it doesn’t get my USB device. I have to go to the machine, unplug the USB stick, and plug it back in, then select it again under USB, and then restart HA. Not the best for power outages.

Anyone see this and come up with solution?

You should be blessed able to remove the device with zha.remove service, just call it with {"ieee_address": "actual_ieee_from_zha_entity"}

PS: phone keyboard autocorrect is interesting…

that seems much better, thanks!

Was having the same problem with the Hue sensor, wondering if you ever got this going?

Just a heads up. Lowes currently has the Iris Gen 2 motion sensors on sale for $14.99 and Open/close sensors for $9.99. These both work well with HA.

They are responsive, and smaller than most zwave devices.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-Iris-Indoor-Door-And-Window-Sensor/1000301569

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-Motion-Sensor/1000321971

2 Likes

What are the iris devices like? I might pick up a motion sensor.

Can you just do a zha.permit to get them up a running on hassio
or do you have to use their app to get them working?

zha.permit is all that you need.

I have one of the HUSBZB-1 sticks and these work well. I did have some issues in the begining since they do not act as repeaters and I had no other powered zigbee devices. I ended up geting an iris plug which acts as a repeater, and placed it in a central location, and have not had many issues since.

I will say that zigbee is still less stable for me than zwave. For example I went on vacation for a week, and all of my zigbee devices stopped reporting while I was gone. I suspect it was after about 5 days. Not sure why, or if it would happen again, but it did.

What i do like about these devices though is the size. The motion sensors are about as small as you’ll find. They also have a very quick reset time. I believe about 15 seconds to return to no motion. Which I really like.

Had been trying to get the Bosch Motion Sensors listed above to work for a long time now with no luck
Purchased 2 of the Iris2 Motion Sensors @ Lowes for $14.99 each opened battery door removed tape
hit zha.permit in hassio and good to go already have automations working.

Plus these are 1/10th the size of the Bosch

PS: Another nice thing is these show the RSSI signal strength in the card
PSS: Looks like RSS is now in all of the ZHA cards for all devices…
PSSS: Have temp sensors that work

1 Like

For Bosch motion sensor you need https://github.com/zigpy/bellows/pull/135

Thanks for the info
Will that be included when I update to the latest version or do I have to do something else?

I’ve been running for a few weeks now with the Iris contact and motion sensors, very stable, really just need the battery level because one day they will just go dead

1 Like

I have some custom code that works for Iris sensors, you do get 2 battery entities per sensor with the code and most report 100 or 90 but it does work.

This code was taken from a previous PR and I just make sure that the file is up to date with the latest changes after each HA release.

https://github.com/dshokouhi/Home-AssistantConfig/blob/master/custom_components/sensor/zha.py

Are you confident this actually works. I used this for about 2-3 months, upgrading after each release. I have 8 or 9 zigbee devices, and all of them said 100% the entire time. Some of them had batteries that were a year old or more. Not saying it’s not possible, just seemed like it might not really be updating. Have you ever seen a battery level change while using this code?

Any guess/reasons as to why there has not been native support yet or the PR has not been merged?

Either way, thanks for keeping up with this.