ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

have you tried removing the device and re-adding it?

Yeah, I have tried that. Maybe I’ll try removing, rebooting home assistant then re add.

For anyone watching this who misses the ZHA entities:

7 Likes

Good work but I would rename both Classes:

DataTable to DataTableZha
DataRow to DataRowZha

or something like that as the Class names are already defined on flex-table js - obviously this will only help people that are also running flex-tables.

1 Like

Makes sense… will do

Updated. @CauseFX thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

When you re-add it, please capture all of the info from the log on the add devices screen and put it on something like pastebin and link it here please.

thanks for that. :slight_smile:

Here is the single button - https://pastebin.com/XZ0t3DLw

And here is the dual button - https://pastebin.com/g5ptPniQ

After adding the devices all the sensors (3 for each button) go to unavailable.

Also, having an issue with the ikea 5 button remote i picked up yesterday. It adds fine, quirk applied and everything, but it too goes to unavailable after pairing. All other sensors (8 xiaomi motion, 8 xiaomi door sensors, and some other xiaomi buttons) work fine. Here is a link for that in case there are any clues in there - https://pastebin.com/sqjFfBnD

Thanks for the help @dmulcahey

What stick do you have?

Both switches are using model ids that are different than the ones I have. I’ll open a PR to add them after I double check the signatures. Xiaomi is a huge PITA with this. I really wish they were consistent.

Legend, thanks mate.

If you were asking me what stick i have its the nortek HUSBZB-1

https://github.com/dmulcahey/zha-device-handlers/pull/118 will fix the 2 Xiaomi switches not matching the quirks. I’ll try to get a PR opened on HA soon with this included. Now for the unavailable issue: Your devices are all joining multiple times. remove them from the network and give things a couple minutes to settle down. Use the zha config panel to do this by issuing the remove device command for a device then press a button on the device so that it wakes up to accept the command. Do this for the devices then wait a few minutes. Restart HA and then add only one device at a time so that we can trouble shoot them independently.

Legend, this fixed the IKEA remote. I had noticed that when trying to re-add 2 devices were coming up in the add new devices window, thought it was just a bug.

Thanks so much for the update for the buttons too.

I discovered the direct binding yesterday, great feature. Used an IKEA dimmer to dim a set of IKEA downlights. Zero effort required.

On a separate note - the IKEA lights. Finally some zigbee downlights, really happy with them. Their other options:

• IKEA warm white 1000 lumen model is such a warm white i had to return it. its just about orange. And the thing wont go into pairing mode, i tried for hours
  • IKEA 980 lumen white spectrum model is ok, i have kept this one. But the temperature isnt a sliding scale like in my other yeelights. Its 2200K (so orange its rediculous, its a very red orange), 2700K (yellow), or 4000K (which is just a yellow-ish white. Not the sort of blue-ish light i was wanting at all).

But their dimmer is great, and the 5 button remote (not it paired properly) is great too, but it needed an update before it would pair (ikea gateway required for that unfortunately).

Ok, next issue (not sure if its an issue, might just not be functionality as yet) - I cant direct bind my IKEA 5 button remote with any lights. I get this in the error log:

Error handling message: Unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py”, line 17, in _handle_async_response
await func(hass, connection, msg)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/api.py”, line 386, in websocket_bind_devices
zha_gateway, source_ieee, target_ieee, BIND_REQUEST)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/api.py”, line 447, in async_binding_operation
await asyncio.gather(*bind_tasks)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/device.py”, line 147, in request
expect_reply=expect_reply,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py”, line 365, in request
res = await asyncio.wait_for(req.send, timeout=APS_ACK_TIMEOUT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: [0xe909:0:0x0021]: message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

The dimmer works great, but the 5 button wont bind (yet, it has had a restart too).

Should the Aqara door sensors be reporting battery data? I paired one tonight and can’t get it to show anything other than Unknown.

Also, I’m running into quirky issues renaming my ZHA entities with the settings cog since upgrading to .96.2; that’s a known issue right? I thought I saw that somewhere but I just wanted to make sure it’s already been reported.

I think I have to make changes to the way binding works so that it supports groups IIRC. So, binding probably won’t work for the 5 button right now. Automations should fill the gaps until I can implement this.

2 Likes

They take a while to report the battery values. Sometimes pressing the button on them will send the battery report… sometimes just the make and model though.

The entity renaming thing is an issue. I’ll look into it tomorrow if I have time.

1 Like

Ok, I went out to do the groceries, and came back home, and now a whole lot of the zigbee devices have doubles of the sensors, but only in the ZHA config tab. In the integrations tab they are all fine. Looking through the logs i see -

Error doing job: Exception in callback <function async_track_state_change..state_change_listener at 0xaa4c27c8>

and then the detail is:

Error doing job: Exception in callback <function async_track_state_change..state_change_listener at 0xaa4c27c8>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “uvloop/cbhandles.pyx”, line 68, in uvloop.loop.Handle._run
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py”, line 85, in state_change_listener
event.data.get(‘new_state’))
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 342, in async_run_job
target(*args)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py”, line 158, in state_for_cancel_listener
if not async_check_same_func(entity, from_state, to_state):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/state.py”, line 99, in
lambda _, _2, to_state: to_state.state == to_s.state,
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘state’

Everything appears to be functioning fine though. Just providing some feedback if there is an issue others may be having

EDIT: after a reboot the entities have gone back to single sensors

I don’t recognize the error from the log file. But the double sensors and the unresponsiveness, yes… For me the solution… since like 6 hours now… was to do a firmware update.

Update: It wasn’t