ZHA: zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Failed to deliver packet: <TXStatus.MAC_CHANNEL_ACCESS_FAILURE: 225>

Since this morning my ZHA fails. I’m running the latest incarnation of HA.
Running HA in a VM on Unraid. In the past I had some issues with passing through the Deconz USB Stick, but that does not seem to be the problem at this moment.

I googled the error message about the channel, cannot find anything related.
Anyone?

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:172
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:26:52 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:27:00

Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator (attempt 1 of 3)
Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator (attempt 2 of 3)
Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator (attempt 3 of 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 172, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 144, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 125, in startup
    await self.initialize(auto_form=auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 110, in initialize
    await self.permit(0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 929, in permit
    await zigpy.zdo.broadcast(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 518, in broadcast
    return await app.broadcast(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 744, in broadcast
    await self.send_packet(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 419, in send_packet
    raise zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError(
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Failed to deliver packet: <TXStatus.MAC_CHANNEL_ACCESS_FAILURE: 225>

1 Like

For future reference for other Conbee Zigbee stick users:

And also this problem turns out to be interference related. After moving my USB stick (already on an extension cord) to another random location it works again.

They should really fix this in in hardware, this causes insane amounts of random errors at random intervals.

6 Likes

What do you mean by another random location? You moved the conbee stick to another area in the room? How long is your extension cable?

I have a similar issue I think.

Logger: homeassistant
Source: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py:96 
First occurred: 15:52:32 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 15:52:32

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 324, in request
    return await self._endpoint.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 237, in request
    return await self.device.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 297, in request
    await self._application.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 654, in request
    await self.send_packet(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 419, in send_packet
    raise zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError(
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Failed to deliver packet: <TXStatus.APS_NO_ACK: 167>

1 Like

All Zigbee devices are very sensitive to EMF/EMI/RMI and espcially the Zigbee Coordinator since it handles much more traffic/data, so recommend read and follow → https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/wiki/Generic-best-practice-tips-on-improving-Zigbee-network-range-and-general-stability

4 Likes

Holy crap i just spent the other night scratching my head while setting up a new rpi4 that was to use my old conbee2 and ive tried everything. Reflashing, upgrading, downgrading, reseting adapter on another machine, installing deconz (looked normal btw), reinstalling deconz and so on.

And i read this comment. and looked at the conbee2 that lies between my wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, next to my phone and my bluetooth adapter…

Took the conbee and threw it to the other side of the table and it worked!

4 Likes

You should also get a USB 2.0 hub so don’t use USB 3.0 because its EMF/EMI/RMI. Read and follow:

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! I moved my sd card today from a rp4 2gb to a rp4 4gb and half of my zigbee network wasnt working anymore. I’ve put the conbee2 dongle into the USB 3.0 because: why not? Now I know why not. After switching from “blue to grey” all is working again.
Thank you so much!

God dammit, everything has worked three years great and today all zigbees stopped working. After all trying, checking rebooting ex. But now i feel so dumb because just taking conbee out and putting back in + reboot helped…

Thanks for you showing the way :smile:

I had a simular issue nut I already had the Conbee stick on an extention cord (1.5m) but I got the same error. Turned out I had to move the MiniPC not to be just beside the Wifi router.
All works again.