Zigbee Blind and Limit Control

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. So I’ve added my first zigbee based blind control (Conbee II). How do I go about setting the limits on the entity which has been added? If I press the UP or Down button on the entity, the blind motor just keeps spinning, and it won’t stop based on any resistance.

Am I right in guessing I need to build a template that is time based for the motor operation?

Cheers!

It may be a configuration of your motor’s Zigbee.

You can create an automation that will switch the control off after a given time, but that does not seem to be the best solution.

I suggest that you give some information about your motor or your motor’s zigbee control.

Some On/Off clusters allow you to send/set the On time. That’s safer than depending on an automation as the time will be managed in the end device directly and stop properly even in the absence of the stop command over the air.

Thanks @le_top,

This is the motor, the manual page shows it as TM616EGBZTN
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003265013913.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.702b4c4dZdYW2d

The hardware controller on the HA side is a Conbee II stick, controlled via ZHA.

Chris

That page does not have a lot of information about the zigbee part.

The Zigbee information that you can get from on the device page will provide more detail.

Better still would be to do a ‘scan_device’ using ‘zha-toolkit’ which produces a json file in the ‘scans’ directory of your config directory. When that’s successful all available attributes are listed with their values. That helps to know which ones you can control.

However, information can be found in this github ‘issue’ showing that the Zigbee model is TS0601 .

There’s already a quirk for that, but possibly recent: zha-device-handlers/ts0601_cover.py at 03af7b3d806c49334352eb0e84a7f18d0d6aa990 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub and common code: zha-device-handlers/zhaquirks/tuya at 03af7b3d806c49334352eb0e84a7f18d0d6aa990 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHubinit.py#L905 .
There are a few attributes that can set the open and close limits

I do not know which attributes are supported, but you can set them using the Clusters Management functionnality on the device page.
Select the WindowCovering cluster and the appropriate attributes.

I have this same issue. I spent two whole days fooling with it. I finally just put it down because I know in my case there are subsequent driver issues (there’s an open git for several of us having THAT issue which is not installing entities).

But that doesn’t change the fact that I had the same experience with my zemismart zigbee shade just running and I can’t seem to stop it or set the limits without just deleting the remote. I bought two of them and I was gonna try to do the limiting on the other unit.

If I can get it working, I’ll let you know.

Hello,

As promised, I have done additional testing with this and much to my surprise, I got it working!

The instructions are wrong just as they are with every other zemismart zigbee device. I was able to reproduce the results twice; I’ll try to make this as simple as possible:

1. Go ahead and factory reset the device by pressing the action button on the shade 5 times, wait a few seconds until you get the confirmation. This should wipe out any previous attempts at limiting and wipe out the remote.

2. Follow the steps for connecting the remote

3. Skip to page 7 and change the motor to inching vs continuous. This helps with getting the limit perfect without having to “catch” it while in continuous mode. You can switch this back later after you make the level settings

4. By now you should be able to press up/down on your remote and the device respond incrementally. From this, you can determine if your motor is running in the right direction. Complete this step if necessary:

5. Go back to page 5 and set your up limit

6. Set your down limit (the provided instructions are wrong as a result of the poor copy/past job). I validated this on page 6 with the delete limit steps.

7. Set your third position

8. Up down to limits should be working via remote now. Go back and change the motor to continuous/inching based on your preference (repeat step 3 if necessary).

This got the remote working as intended and there were several variable attempts made in the process. These exact steps worked twice for me. I have a git ticket in for the no entities thing. Its because they don’t have the zigbee signature yet. It’s been provided, we just need somebody to plug it in for us.

I still haven’t ruled out that my first remote wasn’t crap (because I opened another brand new remote for this). The button presses on the remote i tried a week ago were much worse. I will do further testing and determine if I need to put both shades on 1 remote because one is terrible or if I can keep two remotes for two shades.
edit it’s definitely a bad remote. The experience between the two remotes is like night and day.

The “set” button is the one on the back of the remote if that wasn’t clear from their pictures of devices that aren’t even the same. I recommend taking the back cover off to make the button more accessible because you have to press is specific number of times in rapid succession and doing that with a pen is not accurate.

1 Like