Zigbee coordinator with multiple zigbee2mqtt instances connecting

I am running zigbee2mqtt as a home assistant addon. MQTT is running on a remote kubernetes cluster. Coordinator in use is ZB-GW03 which is a connected to zigbee2mqtt as below.

port: tcp://ip-address:port
adapter: ezsp

This setup works well, but I am planning to move Zigbee2mqtt also to kubernetes. I am quite new to zigbee2mqtt having moved from ZHA just this week.

My question is when I am trying out zigbee2mqtt in kubernetes, can I connect this to the same coordinator already connected to zigbee2mqtt addon in home assistant.

Nope. You can only have one software controller connected to a coordinator at a time.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply. Would it be OK to stop the add on, use it with my second zigbee2mqtt instance and then back to the add on?

Want to make sure there is no local state info stored in the coordinator which will break things.

You should be able to if you copy over the exact configuration from the first instance of Z2M to your new one, stop it and then use the new one. You’ll have to reverse that should you want to go back to the addon.

Just a note, I have heard of people having to rebuild their mesh on some coordinators due to PAN/ePAN not matching up, but I think that was only with USB based coordinators. You should be safe there, but just be aware it could happen.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info.

1 Like