Zigbee device: last_seen is XX seconds ago and ping attempts have been exhausted, marking the device unavailable

After working for half a year one of my Xiaomi temperature sensors is in status unavailable. When trying to reconnect by pressing the button on the sensor and adding a new Zigbee device I get the following error message in the log:

2022-08-08 12:01:14.328 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0x7DC8](lumi.weather): last_seen is 43361.935592889786 seconds ago and ping attempts have been exhausted, marking the device unavailable
2022-08-08 12:01:14.329 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0x7DC8](lumi.weather): Update device availability - device available: False - new availability: False - changed: False

The error log is independent of the placement of the sensor (either connected via some IKEA Tradfri plugs or placed nearby the deConz stick.

Does any one of you know how to solve this issue?

Environment:
Home Assistant 2022.8.2
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Operating System 8.4
Frontend 20220802.0 - latest

deConz Zigbee coordinator
Xiaomi Aqara temperatur sensor

i am seeing similar problems lately, I had a dimmer switch go bad and am seeing this message on a number of devices although theys all work. With the dimmer switch I ended up removing it, power down the switch, and pairing it again.